When will SimCity BuildIt expand the map in 2017?

by EchsCalibur

Original Post

Re: [Suggestions] Improvements for the game

★ Novice
I agree fully. A trade depot for club and a notification of new club messages and the ability to trade Omega items.
Message 271 of 583 (1,203 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They could start by having a better organization system for finding answers to questions here in the forums. This is some jacked up mess to go through. 1/2 the time information pops up that is totally irrelevant, a good deal of it is old and outdated. A table of contents like set up would be nice instead of the system just recognizing a key word. They need to hire me to do it, lol. ;-)..it really is messy though. Maybe I should YouTube or blog. Hummm. It is frustrating to not have an easy to navigate and I think most of us end up adding information in a reply that could be separated out under another heading. Good thing I am not so OCD about my city or I'd have very low population..lol. Tickles me to see the cities where all alike buildings are in these vast neat rows. People 1/2 their level have 2x the population. See..I did it right there..lol..to each his own and their cities do look nice and tidy but I don't know of any city that actually looks that way so it calms my OCD desires to do that too, lol. We need a live chat system..is there one on here? Game needs on that's Global not just club. Ok, I'll hush up now. 

Message 272 of 583 (1,192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my list, esp after reading others:

• DO NOT let roads be movable. that's not how roads with in real life and this game is a city simulator. You're supposed to plan a little bit.
  • DO NOT remove the need to visit another player's city under the current trading system (see below for exceptions). I like seeing their towns, plus you get gifts for visiting (which I often just sell). 
  • I am okay keeping taxes the way it is. I know it seems low, but it makes you choose what you're upgrading and working on. maybe take a day to make some things to sell if there's a building you need. Or focus on the contests for a few days.
  • I like the idea of weather.
  • Zooming out may be a graphics limitation since we are working on phones here
  • Same with more cars and citizens. If there is a way to pull it off, great, but not at the expense of gameplay.
  • Upgrading factories makes sense as long as I can pick what I upgrade to. Personally I have the 500 factories and saving up for the 150,000 ones. I don't plan on building the middle tiers.
  • Friend requests of people I know would be great.
  • A Trade system based on real life trading would be great. For instance I need a coffee. I bid into the trade system I wish to buy a coffee for 1500. Someone else selling can accept my bid and sell it to me. Or if they wish to get more, they enter a seller bid at 2000. Either buyer or seller can view existing bids and accept one, or list their own bid in hopes someone accepts. Loosely base it off the real life stock market. It'll be great. (this would also solve complaints about taxes and money, if it's truly a player-driven market the money will equalize over time based on need and play)
  • When manufacturing, I see "2 hrs", "5 in stock", but also seeing "4 in production" on that menu would help a lot when assigning tasks to factories.
  • the disaster system is great. it's on-demand and unlocked as opposed to other version of simcity where disasters "just happen"
  • I like the airport, though I would have liked more loosely following other simcities where you start with a commuter airport, upgrade it to regional, then international.
  • I like the ability to have the architect redraw plans for upgrading a building. helps a lot when I get stuck.

Message 273 of 583 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It would be nice to trade directly with another mayor in my club - instead of putting something in my trade depot and hoping no one else comes by and takes it. 

Message 274 of 583 (1,188 Views)

When will SimCity BuildIt expand the map in 2017?

★★★ Newbie
Can we get a double space expansion?
My city limits have been reached for quite some time, I don't have any room to build any of the new stuff that's come out in the past year without tearing something down.
Message 275 of 583 (5,203 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Great suggestion. And but the date of this post, many have been adopted.

Here are a few to add:

• Ability to sell Omega items
  • Clear map and rebuild your city.
  • larger map size.

That's it for now. Love this game !!!

Message 276 of 583 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Searchable market-- Make another row available at one time. I don't even care if you grouped like items together. Like say bricks, then list the cities offering bricks. 

Explain why such a HUGE jump in Epic level. From 10 to 80? Are you freakin serious? Try from 10 to 30 for the next level. 

Neo Mall --why such a small selection? Remove stuff you can find in regular marketplace. 

Fix the HUGE slow down in receiving expandable parts from thought bubbles. OR make them more available in the marketplace. 

Message 277 of 583 (1,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How to improve this game - east:

1.   Make the cost of things proportionate to the amount of income being earned through taxes etc

2.   Get rid of the need to collect additional, rarely offered, items needed for expansion and make REAL expansion population based.

Message 278 of 583 (1,147 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

That's absolutely the best suggestion I believe I've heard. Smarty pants! :-)

Message 279 of 583 (1,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have some very simple suggestions i guess,

most of them are improvements (but the biggest suggestion is WATER based buildings! - look below Standard smile )

Firstly with the omega bridge it should allow monorail trains to go across them, i'm guessing that was the main reason people kept asking for the bridge and well... it didn't happen...

There is just enough space for a rail to be added above the tunnel under the archway so it should be possible to add a rail that goes over the bridge for the monorail trains (which are on the "omega road") to use.

Secondly i want to suggest improving some of the older models... sure, this doesn't increase direct revenue or anything for EA, but if it makes the game look nicer so more people play, that might get more different people to spend money. specifically i mean adding effects and some animations...(animations are slightly more cool than normal effects i think, i really like the (RED) fountain, it shocked me because of how simple it is and yet so cool) for example there is a mountain building with a funicular railway (train going up a slope) but it doesn't move up and down... such a small animation going up and down would make it look so much nicer... if everything was updated in one update the impact would be so obvious everyone would love it!

Another suggestion i have is to increase the amount of simcash you get from real money... when i started playing, buildings only ever costed around 100 simcash... never much more.... now buildings cost up to 400 and in some cases they look worse! (the buildings with no effects look worse). the sad thing is, as buildings become more expensive, the simcash you get from purchases stays the same... making that one building in a video-game so expensive... and not worth buying (in some ways it makes me not want to pay money ever again - however, because i started this game in the first week of the release (at least in my country) i decided to support the devs back then - they added some of my most wanted suggestions of helicopters and airships! - and now i spend simcash to collect some rare limited time items - a lot of the really old limited time items (if anyone still remembers the carnival items - some of the cheap (free obtainable) items had so many animations and fancy lights) are better than the newer limited event items with no fancy lights (i am not including items in contest of mayors - they are awesome - imo the coolest one should always be in the city league reward. the contest of mayors rewards are a gift more than a limited time event item though). Don't even get me started on the HORROR of the sports limited event items that were falsely advertised as "limited time" - I complained to support about this and they did nothing!)...

The worst example i have is the new year monument... it costed 400 simcash which is almost the second purchasable bundle.... this is for one 3*2 building that has no animations or effects and well.. nothing that special... and it costed a lot more than a cup of coffee! I really suggest you get more simcash for your money as a permanent change (sales should be on-top). Otherwise its too much of a deterrent for buying simcash and im pretty sure every dev loves money Wink

Something far more important that should be fixed regardless is the (RED) bus station... during the red event it gave red busses because all vehicles were made red. afterwards it started giving blue busses... unlike the airships that still gave the red versions. This if anything is just horrible because it was misleading because all of the other (RED) buildings kept their red vehicles... I would assume it is also a bug... (i do miss the red busses in my city). (im probably going to send this to support but i guess if i do get a reply it will be some copy-paste saying they cannot help Frown  - the customer support for this game sucks! (says a person who gave positive review last time even though it was useless))

I also suggest that lakes' prices are changed so that the 1*1 pond costs simoleons (increasing from 1000 to 20000 as a cap), the 2*2 lake should cost keys (same as the current pond costs), and a new lake that is bigger (4*4) costs simcash... This cheaper lake system will allow more players to have water in their cities allowing for my next suggestion to be reasonable!

WATER based buildings!

This is a huge area of possibility... there could be lake cafes! Boat rides! (with actual boats that can move around to any tile of lake that is connected! not just within the building!) statues in the water, unique waterfall buildings, boat racing centers, waterskiing centers, etc. all of which could only be placed on the lakes built within the city (which is why lakes need to be more affordable)

There could also be items that can be placed optionally on lakes like a landscape item called "Boulders" that could add massive rocks to your city!

Watching this game grow and well.. also die a little.... since its release week i know this is all possible! :D its just a question of if the devs still look at suggestions and will try to work with the community more to make a better game (EA needs to use POLLS and surveys! - that way they will get proper feedback representing the majority of the community - they have to be pretty frequent though - once per two weeks (things change a lot) - maybe then the game will get a better relation for customer feedback to devs and we will see more updates we like) :D

Message 280 of 583 (990 Views)