Re: WHAT IS RIGHT WITH THIS GAME?

by EA_Billie

Original Post

WHAT IS RIGHT WITH THIS GAME?

★ Guide

I am sure that we have all at one time or another said in frustration, "what is wrong with this game?" I have now come to realize that there is nothing wrong with this game. At times the results that we get are not what we wanted nor expected. In response we we feel that either players are cheating, or worse, spending real money or that EA is out to get us. Whenever our efforts generate results that we don't like, we as humans look at every reason in the world not not take responsibility. If you are cutting wood and make a mistake, it must be the saws fault, right?

I have for a long time wanted to create a thread here that only allowed positive posts. What has stopped me in the past is the constant avalanche of complains and whiners. these forums are intended, I think, for players with a similar interest (SimCity) to post items of interest and accomplishments. They say if you want to improve your skills or knowledge, you should find people who have already achieved what you are trying for and learn from them. Hopefully we can create that here

So to recap: PLEASE POST POSITIVE ACCOMPLISHMENTS OR ACHIEVEMENTS, i.e. Things have have gone right for you, or stretgies that have been successful, or milestones etc. The only rule, and since I'm the Creator I can make the rules, Is no complaining, no bickering, no bashing or players or EA! Let's see what happens...

I am going to start with a screen shot of some items I sold the other day...and If you do the math...yes that almost 1000 simoleans over the Global HQ market price! Cha-Ching!

thanks for reading this

Message 1 of 10 (1,212 Views)

★ Guide

Hello @bettysadog

This is a great post .After all a forum needs people who are not whiners and people who answer questions instead of asking them.

I have outlined these thoughts in this post.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answers-HQ/Some-unwritten-rules-of-ahq/m-p/5893687#M21928

My personal achievement is a buying a University even before Entertainment specialization was unlocked. Unfortunately the device in which I played it was damaged by my dog

Happy playing . @(SIM RADICAL)

Message 2 of 10 (1,199 Views)

★★ Novice
The game contains a lot of intracate connections, similar to the real world. Resources are limited and one must plan a strategy for meeting their objectives. A couple of key starting points, minimize the roads, these take up space that a building can use, save money so that you can afford the best infrastructure. This is difficult at first, but realize that you will ultimately reach a point where you are demolishing the cheap ones and replacing with the best. Build storage as you grow, don't wait until it stagnates you. Use landmarks, education, entertainment, etc buildings wisely choose high percentage population increases with the smallest foot print. I started with the low key ones and ended up replacing them all, skip the replacement step! Good luck building
Message 3 of 10 (1,131 Views)

★ Guide

For me, my biggest accomplishment was winning the large prize in the megalopolis league. I used some of the cash to give me more slots in the production queue of my stores, and bought the football stadium finally. I wil use the rest of the cash to hopfully be able to win top prize in that league.

Message 4 of 10 (1,113 Views)

★ Apprentice

I really wanted to post all of my achievements here... Standard smile until i realised that i didn't have that many... because most of the time i just spend irl money on limited time cosmetics..... and am slow at improving at the game itself.... not to mention i have a lot of... not positive... things happen involving bugs... but saying that i do have some positive accomplishments :D

I recently finished getting the last two bridges for placing along the front of my city!

The omega bridges, which are cheap to get compared to the other bridges, are in front of all the lanes where there are tall housing buildings Standard smile . I then have the plumbob bridge which is in front of the fancy deluxe plumbob park which is a very nice memory item because it was only given out to all players once, which is a good thing! the next bridge along the front of my city is the hope bridge which has nice lights (personally i voted for the more "Japanese styled" bridge but this stone bridge looks a lot nicer than i expected! I have hope that next year this years bridge becomes unavailable and is replaced by another bridge chosen in another vote! - (because i still want that other bridge to match tokyo buildings more :P)).

(I do also have some suspension bridges along the side of golf park just off the screen :D )

I also got the spaceship from contest of mayors which was my aim for this season! (i was so happy when i saw the coolest looking sci fi item, in the city league Standard smile because i am... unable to advance past there ever :P) It is really nice because of the big rotation animation that makes it stand out!

I am also proud of some of my old (now slightly rarer to see items... like the 2016 monument :P - its a shame i don't have any 2015 one because the game was less than a month old then... so there wasn't any special monument for it... ) having the halloween items from the first halloween event (the trees) feels like a good personal memory

This game never had anything wrong with the game itself.. i can accept that... although it definitely would be nicer if they removed problems like players using feeder cities creating unfairness by making upgrades from bubbles easier so there is less reason to use feeder cities! (or if they made them common enough they could be non-marketable... if there was a way to get rid of the excess ones....) i do believe the game is a great game though and i'm not complaining, just posting a positive suggestion to fix a problem Standard smile my city looks so nice, to me at least :P Standard smile

Although you did post the title as a question... so i want to answer it Standard smile and i think the most "right" about this game is the fact the creators behind it all haven't given up! and new items and mechanics still come out to the game bringing more improvements for some player, somewhere, to enjoy! Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (1,107 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @AJ1AJ1 for the great idea and everyone else who participate and share their best moment in game. Standard smile

I'm happy to read your stories and I will come back regularly to read the new ones that have yet to be written.

Keep up the good work mayors ! We wouldn't be here without you ! :eahigh_file:

* Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés *

Answer HQ est avant tout un forum dédié à l'entraide entre joueurs.
Vous avez trouvé la solution à votre problème ? Donnez de l'XP en cliquant sur les boutons "XP" et "Accepter comme solution".

Message 6 of 10 (1,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have no great achievements but I love this game. It keeps me entertained for hours.

Message 7 of 10 (1,022 Views)

★ Apprentice
I never achieved something big, but I feel good when I got my "produce 5000 donuts" achievement, and currently going for 2500 business suits and 1500 TVs. Yes just be patient...

I never won platinum keys from a grand prize in the contest, but thank you EA for encouraging me, as a casual player, to earn platinum keys from "personal contest rank".

I never purchased any simcash package, but again thank you EA for giving me a hope to offer the daily simcash deal, I bought twice already and I got 650SC for two bucks only. I will definitely purchase the third time coz I am stocking up for my first Maxis Manor.

Thank you EA for creating such a friendly environment for professional players and casual players.
Message 8 of 10 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Novice

I liked winning the castles and the amusement park rides! I was really happy when the landscapes were added. I liked visiting other cities and think the mayor clubs are a great update with lots of potential.

Message 9 of 10 (959 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Great post! I have spent too much time on this game. I stopped playing CoM because it was too time consuming to compete in the top leagues at level 50+. Now my best achievement (I think) is my Omega city. Currently I have 228 omega houses and $35k NeoSim income each day. Trying to expand my neosim bank to 100,000 but collecting 14 of each item is taking forever. I have ended up deleting all of my London and Paris houses, and most of my Tokyo ones to help reduce the utilities required (it's at 1250 right now with my epic buildings). I have 8 of each Omega utility (except for 7 garbage; getting the 8th tomorrow).
Message 10 of 10 (893 Views)