[Suggestions] Improvements for the game

by MeherSom

Original Post

Re: [Suggestions] Improvements for the game

★★★★ Novice

After playing for a few weeks I have a lot of the stuff in the game as far as specializations go.  Quite frankly it is getting boring already.  I don't know that more buildings and things would help that.  I would like to see better interactions with other players.  Either a chat, or maybe a post office that you can send messages with or even the ability to group cities into a state/province/country.  I'm not sure exactly what it should be, but the game could definitely use some more social interaction in it.

Message 61 of 583 (4,507 Views)

★★ Novice

I've seen a lot of things I'd love posted already on this list, but I'll try not to repeat.

- The option to disable Thought Bubbles and Upgrade Bubbles.  Sometimes I just want to look at my city.  My Sims' thoughts are so intrusive!

- The option to "lock" a building into its current tier, so that the system passes it over when considering what to upgrade next.  I'm finding that I hit a max of 5-7 buildings available to upgrade, and the oldest structures are made priorities (even if I completely cut them off from city resources!)  I don't want every zone to be a skyscraper... I want a realistic-feeling city.  I know... I'm a dreamer.

- The ability to "get new plans" for the Dr. Vu events.  I've seen too many people say that they get a flukey super-expensive repair job that I'm too terrified to do the Tower now.  Even if it takes on the order of 6 hours... I think most people would rather "re-roll" their shopping list than try to produce 48 shovels.

- Better control of road placement.  Too often I go to place a road, and then I can't move the camera without drawing a road.  "Double tap to start road" would be a big help (but maybe not supported on all devices?)

- An actual function for the Town Hall.  Seriously... it's just taking up space!  Even if it provided a marginal population boost for proximity, I wouldn't want to bulldoze it.  Alternatively, the option to bulldoze it: I have a City Hall... why do I need a separate Town Hall?

- More interaction of structures.  I know that this was mentioned in a comical Police-->Donut fashion, but it would be cool if, say, building a Hospital (or a newer, more expensive structure) would increase the radius of all of the smaller clinics by 1.  In other words, the small clinics have the support of a larger facility, and thus can treat more people.  The hardened criminals get sent downtown to the Precinct, and that alleviates the burden on the small local station with 2 cells.  Et cetera.

- The option to specifically turn off the siren sound effects.  I LOVE the ambient sound in the game... I'd record ten hours of it and just listen to it: use it in place of white noise on nights when I have to keep my window closed.  Or I would have before I had police/fire/medical/etc. stations everywhere.  Now it's literally sirens all. night. long.  I finally caved and turned off the sounds.  I miss the sounds, but sirens constantly made me feel like I was facing an un-ending set of disasters.  Seriously, sirens for awhile after the place gets Vu'd, and no sirens when everything is back to normal.

That's all I have for now.

Message 62 of 583 (4,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I totally agreed with someone's comment on SimCity BuildIt's Facebook Page which it says: "Please, please allow us to toggle or turn off the builders hat upgrade icon so we can have city's like the picture you simcity buildit have posted, more variety and ability to have little tower blocks as well as skyscrapers and house. Otherwise the game is great."

I personally think the kind of the game like this is mostly about looks right?

Message 63 of 583 (4,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Completely 100% agreed with this one~!

Good job buddy~

Wish they (EA) can hear it.

Message 64 of 583 (4,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would like to play this on the PC too, not just my phone

Message 65 of 583 (4,433 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just want to say that I really like this game. Currently It's my favorite city building app. However, there are a few suggestiomns and improvements I feel that could make the game even better.  I agree with most of the previous suggestions discussed. Below are some of mine.

Suggestions/Improvements

1). There should be a way to skip upgrading a certain building if you like it or want to keep it for a certain area of your city.

2). There should be a button you could turn on/off when you are ready to build new residences and upgrade buildings. (those yellow hats are annoying when you are trying to just look at and appreciate your city).

3). There needs to be a bank where you can earn sims cash and simoleons by watching free video ads, completing tasks/producing items. etc 

4). You should be able to move Dr VU Tower, Global Trade HQ, Trade Depot and the highways/tunnels to anywhere outside of your city.

5). You should also be able to  connect a road from inside of your city to the cargo ship  for a second entrance /exit  (instead of having residents leave the city just to  be able to access the cargo ship dock).

6). You should be able to move the cargo ship dock from its current position to anywhere along the water and you should get more keys for completing cargo shipments.

7). You should have the ability to upgrade the highways to have more interchanges and fly over ramps inside of your city instead of just the 1 located outside of your city. 

8). There should be a  way for you to choose which type of houses, mid rise and high rise skyscrapers you want for your city. I don't like having the same type of buildings. I like to have a variety of different types of buildings. and the ability to choose.

9). You should be able to pick the type of terrain for your city (mountains, hills, flat, coast, etc), city layout (square, rectangle, diamond, oval, etc) and weather (rain, snow, fog, etc).

10). More transportation (airport, subway, trains, etc)

11). More graphics for game (airplanes flying over city, more traffic, more people walking in and out of buildings, people walking/sitting/ playing at the parks, people jogging).

12). More retail/restaurants, shops, malls, amusement parks, zoo, car dealerships, car wash, etc.)

13). More residences (new styles of houses, buildings and skyscrapers)

14). LAST BUT NOT LEAST (please update the price for purchasing buildings and parks, everything is too darn expensive)

Message 66 of 583 (4,419 Views)

★ Apprentice
How about making the expensive factories reduce production times?

Give us more incentives to upgrade.
Message 67 of 583 (4,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie
when I visit my friends towns I would like to be able to see who is stocking sale items vs who has nothing for sale. I really dislike having to check each and every neighbouring "friend" town only to find out after 20 minutes of searching that almost everybody has an empty store. If you have items I will gladly pop in - if you don't why should I bother?
Message 68 of 583 (4,394 Views)

Re: [Suggestions] Improvements for the game - Global HQ

★★★★★ Novice

Here is my suggestion to fix the HQ.

When I call up items for sale in the Global HQ, those items should be "locked" and only I can access and buy those items. When I x out of the items screen, the items are released. When I choose one to buy, the other items are released. When I enter a player's Trade Depot, that player's Depot is locked until I buy an item and leave the depot. 

In the case of so many doughnuts and Dr. Vu items appearing in the Global HQ...... well, you can't fix stupid.

Message 69 of 583 (4,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So, is this a place to request ideas?? Here is my idea which I think could make the game better

-A new Entertainment building named the Mall! It is what it sounds like: a Mall where Sims can go to buy stuff! It would increase the popularity by about 30%! I hope everyone likes the idea!
Message 70 of 583 (4,336 Views)