SimCity BuildIt Mayors Club Chat Censoring.

by MisterRizzo

Original Post

SimCity BuildIt Mayors Club Chat Censoring.

★★★★★ Newbie
You appear to have an automated filter on chat. It's ridiculous the words it flags. For example I can't type the word "FULL". Why? Because it starts with an F and a U?? The game uses the word - "storage is full". Yet I can't type "I'll pay full price for a storage lock". Ironically, at times censoring makes a benign sentence seem offensive (check out "unnecessary censorship" on YouTube). Please loosen up this ridiculous bot.
Message 1 of 10 (2,928 Views)

Re: SimCity BuildIt Mayors Club Chat Censoring.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

How can you see when your group has a new chat?

Sorry, I thought I was asking a new question, my bad 😯

Message 2 of 10 (2,875 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

lol, I tried 3 times to type in FULL. Even tried with spaces before I realized it just wasn't going to take any combo of F and U without any other letters between them.

Pretty dumb.

Message 3 of 10 (2,849 Views)

★★ Guide

I noticed this today. It was so embarrassing, made me look like I was swearing up and down a storm. Wondering

Message 4 of 10 (2,834 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I typed does anyone have any tables and tables came up as %$# what?

The censoring is ridiculous. I had to write it = t a b l e s? so people could see what I had written.

Message 5 of 10 (2,809 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The censorship is terrible, I can't type 'if you' without being censored, what's that about?
Message 6 of 10 (2,740 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes it also turns many other normal words like "get", "put", "you" into illegible symbols. Why would any normal sane person do that to us????

EA - PLEASE fix it!!!

Message 7 of 10 (2,659 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Great idea - never thought of that. Thanks

Message 8 of 10 (2,657 Views)

★★ Guide

I think I figured out the censoring. It's censoring swear words in foreign languages, too. Because some of those foreign words are similar to English words, innocent English words are being censored as well.

For example, it seems that for awhile you couldn't write "put" followed by "a" because that spells out a Spanish swear word. Just my theory, anyway.

Message 9 of 10 (2,645 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The filters cause serious problems when you try to chat in other languages too. I recently joined a Swedish mayor's club, and started participating in the chat yesterday.

I've already been censored twice, for using words that are "offensive" in English.

I can deal with not being able to type the Swedish word for "six" (we use an "e" instead of "i". Yes, really); I can always use the digit instead.

But not being able to write our words for "finally", "ending", "expired", "(have run) out of", etc. because they consist of, or begin with, SL, a U and a T, that's really ridiculous. It really harms our communication when we can't use so frequent Swedish words.

Message 10 of 10 (2,345 Views)