Re: Prices are too high!

by bettysadog

Original Post

Prices are too high!

★ Novice
Example: 1 Donut = 900. 2 Donuts + 4+ other items to upgrade only profits you 1200 - 1400. You are losing simoleans with just the Donuts already! I know the price structure is designed to get people to purchase, but losing 400+ simoleans seems way over the top, and is extremely limiting. People can lower the price, but most people probably don't even think aboutit, one way. or another. The best solution is to lower the default prices.
Message 1 of 6 (639 Views)

★ Guide

@magusat9999 wrote:
Example: 1 Donut = 900. 2 Donuts + 4+ other items to upgrade only profits you 1200 - 1400. You are losing simoleans with just the Donuts already! I know the price structure is designed to get people to purchase, but losing 400+ simoleans seems way over the top, and is extremely limiting. People can lower the price, but most people probably don't even think aboutit, one way. or another. The best solution is to lower the default prices.

In my version donuts are 950...maybe that's how you are losing profits

and I don't follow your logic at all...must be the new math

Message 2 of 6 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Well if you actually read what I wrote instead of being so hell bent on white knighting you'd see the math much better. I said 2, as in 1+1, or written as TWO and other items are needed. The "math" is easy even for the simple - 2 Donuts at 900 = 1800. That is just the donuts. At my current level, there is nothing giving a profit over 1460. So it's simple, subtract cost (1800) from profit (1460) and you get a loss of 340. AGAIN, that is only regarding the donuts!

If you still don't get it, let me know if I need to make it more simple. We can use fingers and toes to count with if that will help. I ca do the old math too.
Message 3 of 6 (556 Views)

★ Guide
Well Mr Defensive,

I guess I struck a nerve. I'm obviously not the only person who doesn't understand your logic, judging by the amount of responses you've received. I still can't understand your theory so it's either my 4th grade education or you have difficulties explaining things. Bottom line is you complaining doesn't affect me & is the reason I tend to stay off these forums. Too many whiners! I guess it doesn't take much intelligence to play this game anyway, or how else could someone like me get to 4 million sims?

Is it juice break time at your nursery school?
Message 4 of 6 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

First off, Donuts, and the other items, do not cost anything, other than time. You manufacture them. If you are choosing to buy them in the Trade Center, you are doing so in order to speed up the process, which of course, comes at a premium since someone else already went through the trouble of making them for you. If you make your own sandwich for lunch, it's cheaper than going out for lunch everyday. Same thing.

Secondly, why should people lower the price, or why should the game lower the price? Making items and selling them are key to making simoleans. I suggest you try it if you are that concerned over the price of a donut.

Message 5 of 6 (536 Views)

★ Guide
Well said!

I guess I'm not the only one who didn't get his point
Message 6 of 6 (521 Views)