Re: Omega not connecting to power

by richieluv76

Original Post

Omega not connecting to power

★★★ Newbie

I have just built my first omega house, it won't connect to the power or sewage? 

Message 1 of 8 (1,757 Views)

★ Guide

do you have the control net and drone building? Without coverage by those two buildings I believe the building will not have residents or any of the services

Message 2 of 8 (1,742 Views)

★★★ Novice

Omega buildings don't need power, water, sewage or waste treatment. What they DO need is drones and Control Net. Drone stations can be place on any roadway that connects to your Omega building. Control Net stations have to be placed so their coverage area covers your Omega building. This is similar to the way parks work except Control Net is REQUIRED for Omega zones.

Message 3 of 8 (1,713 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@MayorModel omega units DO need power/water/sewage/waste, standard residential uses 1 of each, paris/london/tokyo uses 2 of each and omega uses 5 of each

Message 4 of 8 (1,706 Views)

★★★ Novice

@richieluv76, you are absolutely correct. It's been so long since I built the Omega section of my city that I'd forgotten about that. And, of course, they also need the drones and control. Thanks for catching my error.

To get back to the OP's original question about power not connecting, the only reason I can think of is that there is no roadway connecting the power to your Omega building. Double check that there is at lease one continuous path between the two.

Message 5 of 8 (1,695 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@MayorModel i seem to remember reading somewhere on the forums that there is a known bug in the game whereby services wont cross over bridges, so if the OP's omega units are the other side of a river with no "overland" roads connecting them to the rest of the city then that could be the problem

Message 6 of 8 (1,689 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, MY Omega town is an island surrounded by water and connected to the "mainland" only by three bridges. So, the power must be able to cross bridges now.

Message 7 of 8 (1,682 Views)

★★★★ Guide

i give up then, dont know what the problem could be

Message 8 of 8 (1,675 Views)