Re: Mayor’s Club - Not great for trade deals

by aneuda

Original Post

Mayor’s Club - Not great for trade deals

★★ Novice

Trying to do trade deals in Mayor’s Club is impossible!!! It is more like scrambled eggs! It was not deal making. Rather it is who gets there first after someone mentions certain items are up for sale. Often other people who did not make the deal got there first and bought the items. So, the items gone and the deal cannot be completed because the intended buyer did not get to buy the stuff, so they refused to put their items to trade as promised. What a disaster! Worse, without showing who bought the items, who knows who bought what???

We need the developer to offer a mechanism to lock in the deal and agreed trade items, or at least show who bought it! 

Message 1 of 15 (10,275 Views)

★ Guide

You may have got in to bad club the president is supposed to take care of that. You can alwsys right to the president of thr club who has power4s to remove members from rhe club

Message 2 of 15 (10,197 Views)

★ Apprentice
The president can't do anything with how it is currently setup. Since the game doesn't display the city that purchased the item even if your in the same mayors club. Without knowing who stole the item you can't kick someone.

The only way to know who trades with you is to add them through Facebook which is not a reasonable expectation. I hope they change this.
Message 3 of 15 (10,183 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

If the person has any other items advertised, it may not even be someone from your club. It may just be regular players stopping by for an advertised item and seeing a nice valuable item. If you are trying to sell to club members, the first step is to not have anything in your store advertised.

Message 4 of 15 (10,164 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I guess it depends on the people in your club. I found a club that has great members. We talk practically 24/7 about anything and manage to pull off trading items too. I was in a club before that had a lot of under 18 year old's and noticed a lot of poaching of items. The one I'm in now has built trust between players, like a real community and we share items whenever we can. Maybe you just need to find a better club or make your own and appoint trusted members as VPs and Seniors to keep order while you're gone.

Message 5 of 15 (10,113 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree, the Mayors Club needs work!!

For instance, would it be possible to do a direct trade with members or restricting certain items to club members only or a club shop?

What about a mayors club competition? 

How about some perks for being in a club, such as production speed increase time or tax benefits? 

Admin tools to find out when people last logged in - its difficult to know who to kick out the club for inactivity.

Up-gradable club? e.g. more members, greater benifits etc? Whole of club has to work together to achieve the next perk either by plumbob points or forfilling club contracts.

Ability to create contracts for fulfillment? e.g. Player x requests 10 Nails and is willing to pay 100 per nail

Ability to gift other players money

Love the in-game chat room though!

Message 6 of 15 (10,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Totally agree on this. Creating a club is just a waste of sim cash. There's no good way to identify who is stealing the items. You can't see who took the items and you can't kick people out bc they might not even be active on chat, and are just lurking to get free items. I can ask for age, but if you're 15, you could always lie and say you're 40. I actually think if there's a way to see who took the items, like an avitar, you can just kick people out. In a club you can just require everyone to have a unique avitar or they are no longer in the club. 

Message 7 of 15 (9,864 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Lollysimsholly i wish there was a good way to weed out the under 18 year olds in the club......

Message 8 of 15 (9,861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Mayors, rejoice! 

My club has found a solution to the worst problem with mayors club...stealing trades. Read on...

After experiencing the disaster some clubs can be, I decided to create my own.

With the help of my team, I am now the very happy president of a super efficient and active club.

The club consists of 18 permanent members (all seniors and vps) 3 floaters (explained later) and 1 or more temporary members.

We have Vice Presidents and Seniors in all times zones to manage the club 24/7.

There is virtually no stealing and 9/10 trades are done smoothly (sometimes we have problems with the temps, I'll explain that later too).

We don't usually advertise our items and alert the buyer before posting if we do have items advertised. We also make sure they are ready.

When stealing does occur, we know who the culprit is and promptly remove it. How so?

All of the permanent members are neighbors. You can become neighbors (Like Daniel City) by connecting with each club member on Facebook. **Please make a page for the game only without any personal information (use your city name) for your safety and per EA rules. 

Being neighbors allows us to see who buys what from our depot by showing their name and avatar...ta-da! *note you must be signed on through the Facebook in SimCity.

"But why 18 members and not 25?" you ask...At 19 members your club will stop being advertised at club headquarters when looking for a club to join because the club is considered full.

To keep the club active, we limit inactivity for temps and floaters to 15 minutes or 30 minutes, in and out of seasons, respectively. Note that temps and floaters can also be neighbors.

When stealing occurs you know the thief was the non-neighbor (granted the seller did not have items advertised). If there are 2 or more non-neighbors, they all get removed unless the item stolen couldn't have been bought by a certain member (unlocked levels, airport, vu etc.) 

Members like the club so much that they decided to come and go when active since the club is full...so we call them floaters. We usually invite the good ones back after removal (can't do it if the leave) to make it easier for them to join when active. 

My club is 5 weeks old. I was on level 29 with 228k population and zero season score when I opened the club. I am now level 53 with 789k population and 206k score. Most members make first place in contest of mayors in and out of seasons. This was my first seasons and, I did in every level. 

Questions?

Good luck!

Message 9 of 15 (9,346 Views)

★★ Guide

I am in a good club we're also friends of FB and some in the club have family members in the game say, daughter and sons, So we like a family helping each other out, so no stealing does not happen in our group that the best group to have friends who have family members who play together and u know it a good group. I was out of it for 11 days as I hit the flag but when I got back today I was added straight away they know I can up their score in the contest. And we work together as a team too.

Message 10 of 15 (8,972 Views)