Maximizing beach bonus

by Dentedhalo11

Original Post

Maximizing beach bonus

★ Apprentice
The beach items seem to overlap their bonus areas. Thus, do some houses get 30+30% gains from the marinas? If so, getting narrower beach items might increase the better bonus overlap. Yacht club will s 7 wide vs marinas 9 wide. I would guess the yacht club would increase populations more?
Message 1 of 5 (1,573 Views)

Re: Maximizing beach bonus

★★★★ Guide

@Dentedhalo11 yes you're correct, if you have overlapping specializations of the same type then the population bonus is cumulative........... up to a maximum of 100% boost from any one type of specialization

so for example if you have one residence that is covered by one heliport you recieve 50% boost, if it is covered by a heliport and a balloon park you get a 80% boost (50+30), but if it is covered by two heliports and a balloon park (50+50+30) you only recieve a 100% boost

so in answer to your question ideally you want narrow beach buildings but with a wide boost area, sailormans pier can be a good one but it only reaches in land by 20 tiles

in any case the maximum population boost a residence can get is limited to 400% with a maximum of 100% from any one type

Message 2 of 5 (1,563 Views)

★ Apprentice
Maybe I'll buy a couple of the yacht clubs.

I have gotten populations of more than 22,000 for a single residence. This is for it an Omega building. I think the maximum is closer to 600%.
Message 3 of 5 (1,541 Views)

★★★★ Guide

22000!!! wow, the biggest ive got on my city is around 14000 and thats an epic building!

Message 4 of 5 (1,533 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

it is not true about that 400%, there is fe 2,2k+ basic people in epic building and I have them 19k, 22k+possible so 1000% or close to itnbut definitely not 400%

Message 5 of 5 (1,493 Views)