FAQ about the Global Trade HQ

by AmelieEA

Original Post

Re: FAQ about the Global Trade HQ

★ Novice

I had to post on this as well.  While the trade HQ wasn't great before, it was useable.  With the 30 sec delay it slips over the edge of non-useable.  I'm sure it limits the bandwidth on their servers so they are not sending out so much data, but there are other ways to fix that.

I still do not understand why they don't remove the artificial price limits and allow people to search for what they want.  The pricing will keep what's wanted in stock as supply and demand does work.

Message 31 of 138 (2,970 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Amelia, they already disappear really fast, so that's a strawman argument.  The issue isn't with how fast they disappear, it's how much time is wasted chasing down items that are already sold.

It's understood that EA wants to make money off in-game purchases, but you've created an economic infrastructure that is exasperating, and I haven't even opened up "Tokyo Town" yet.

Message 32 of 138 (2,927 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Here is an IDEA PUT IN SOME CODING THAT DOESNT HAVE MORE THAN 3 OF THE SAME ITEMS AFTER A GDAM REFRESH !!!!!!!!! for the love of god!!! FIX THIS@!

Message 33 of 138 (2,916 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yup, now it's really broke. You weren't going to get any US Dollars from me and I was okay with it taking a little longer to get through the game. But now, well now you've gone and tried to fit 10lbs of * into a 5lb bag.

Not a threat cause I've spent nothing but time.... But I'm done until you fix this damned Trade HQ. I'm gonna fire up once a day, collect my cash, move a store, make some nails, and check the GTHQ. If it's not fixed, I'll be back the next day.

And two points.... As an economist I can tell you your understanding of supply and demand is flawed. Also, I've done a thorough cost-benefit analysis while sitting on the commode enjoying my evening constitutional and I can tell you the cost of playing this free game is quickly beginning to outweigh the benifit.
Message 34 of 138 (2,913 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Quote= Amelie
Are you taking player feedback into account when developing new content and updates for the game?
Yes, we do. Each and every member of the team cares greatly about making SimCity BuildIt the best possible experience for all of our players. Having spent years working hard to make it the best city builder game for mobile devices, we constantly read the feedback coming in on Facebook, Twitter, the forums, reddit, and elsewhere on the internet. We believe in putting players first, and we also actively play the game every day in the office and during our free time, and encounter the same experiences as other Mayors out there. SimCity BuildIt was made by a passionate team of people who not only have a common goal, but also share a passion for great games.

The team at EA tracktwenty work continuously to tweak the market in order to make it a more enjoyable experience, and we thank you for your support!
/quote

HAHHAHAHAHHAA BULLSH1T!!!! Total BS.
Message 35 of 138 (2,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
Money spent on other freemium games: $83.
Money spent on this gameEmbarrassed0.
Message 36 of 138 (2,881 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please fix unexpectedly quit!

Message 37 of 138 (2,854 Views)

★★ Novice

It's simple... every mayor should get a "buy queue". They can select any item they want and they'll be placed at the end of the line with other mayors wanting the same thing. They can have as many requests in the queue as they have simcash to buy queue slots. They will be show an "average wait time" for each request and can opt not to place it if they feel it's too long. They can specify quantity but it must be an exact match (this will drive single sales and reduce the amount of people gobbling up lots). Their funds get deducted based on the market value (get rid of the price adjuster... seriously - who sells for less than the maximum????)

WIN: EA gets more simcash buyers with a new simcash-based feature

WIN: Users get more predictable outcomes and stop hating

Message 38 of 138 (2,799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you Amelie for some type of response. I believe some of the comments are a little of base but if somone spends time, the most precious commodity, only to have item already be sold one can quickly see why people are so irritated. Please delete the 30 sec timer and fix the game crashes. Then the game might be playable again.
Message 39 of 138 (2,793 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so for the past 24 hours, every time you hit the Global trade it displays Minerals, Lightbulbs and wood... WOW so awesome, I didn't know I needed all that much stuff. Totally useless now, time to delete

Message 40 of 138 (2,748 Views)