Epic Project FAQ

by TroyParry74

Original Post

Re: Epic Project FAQ

★★★ Newbie

@TroyParry74 wrote:

As of right now, it still only takes me 8 pieces to make 1 silver speed-up token. I think my gold is at 10 and bronze is at 5. ... 

So it seems that only gold requirement is affected by the number of gold epic projects you have. Bronze/Silver seem to be a constant regardless of how many bronze/silver projects?

That seems like a really really weird conclusion given you initially need 3 for bronze, 6 for silver and 9 for gold Wink

Anyway, *none* of them is affected by the number of epic buildings you have, take a look at my last post Standard smile

(short version for reference: the requirements go up after you complete more tokens, not after you make more buildings)

Message 51 of 66 (3,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have completed alot of epic buildings. But this task I don't know how to complete. Can somebody help please. Thank you.

Message 52 of 66 (3,893 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@fjbanawa wrote:

I have completed alot of epic buildings. But this task I don't know how to complete. Can somebody help please. Thank you.

Well done, you did the difficult part! Now you need only to pick up those llama pices of token above your upgraded epic buildings, until you get a whole llama token. And since you already collected two, you need to repeat the process 8 more times, so you actually harvest 8 more whole silver speed tokens from your epics (spend them as you go, the game will only count the times you have a whole token)

Message 53 of 66 (3,890 Views)

★ Guide

@Finch2016 wrote:

@TroyParry74 wrote:

As of right now, it still only takes me 8 pieces to make 1 silver speed-up token. I think my gold is at 10 and bronze is at 5. ... 

So it seems that only gold requirement is affected by the number of gold epic projects you have. Bronze/Silver seem to be a constant regardless of how many bronze/silver projects?

That seems like a really really weird conclusion given you initially need 3 for bronze, 6 for silver and 9 for gold Wink

Anyway, *none* of them is affected by the number of epic buildings you have, take a look at my last post Standard smile

(short version for reference: the requirements go up after you complete more tokens, not after you make more buildings)

As of today, it takes me 12 gold tokens to make 1 gold speed-up. Silver has increased to 9 and bronze is at 5. Gold and silver just recently increased. I currently have 63 epic buildings. I have 18 gold buildings, 27 silver and 18 bronze

Message 54 of 66 (3,893 Views)

★★ Novice

@TroyParry74 wrote:

Q. How often can I collect a token from an epic project?

A. Once every 24 hours. (need more specifics).

Here are some more specifics:

New epic token parts become available 24 hours after you last collected a token part from the building, with one exception:  when you complete an epic project, it will immediately give you a new token part, and then will give you another token part when the rest of the buildings (of the same type?) produce their next daily token.

If a building has a token part available but you don't collect it, it will not accumulate token parts.  If your token parts become available at noon on Monday but you don't collect them until 3pm, those buildings will next produce token parts at 3pm on Tuesday.

All buildings of the same type seem to sync when they generate token parts, but different token types do NOT sync with each other automatically.  However, it's possible to manually sync them by simply waiting on one set until the rest become available (I have done this for ease of collection).

And on another topic, the number of tokens you can win from the mayors' contest vs. the 5-token limit:  if you win enough tokens to put you over the 5-token limit, you will not be able to collect more token parts until you are back under the 5-token limit.  So my suggestion is to save the items you produce in the contest of mayors that can be used to make more items and then use the extra tokens to make things very quickly that you can then sell for more money.  Then you can go back to collecting your token parts quickly.

Message 55 of 66 (3,874 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@miricats wrote:

@TroyParry74 wrote:

New epic token parts become available 24 hours after you last collected a token part from the building, with one exception:  when you complete an epic project, it will immediately give you a new token part, and then will give you another token part when the rest of the buildings (of the same type?) produce their next daily token.

If a building has a token part available but you don't collect it, it will not accumulate token parts.  If your token parts become available at noon on Monday but you don't collect them until 3pm, those buildings will next produce token parts at 3pm on Tuesday.

All buildings of the same type seem to sync when they generate token parts, but different token types do NOT sync with each other automatically.  However, it's possible to manually sync them by simply waiting on one set until the rest become available (I have done this for ease of collection).

Thanks, i'll use that explanation in the main post.

Message 56 of 66 (3,868 Views)

★★ Novice

I have one more piece of info to add to the epic building token piece generation frequency info:

If an epic building is in destroyed state (from a Vu disaster) when it should generate a new token piece, it will NOT generate a token piece at all.  It will not generate one once the building is restored; you will simply lose collecting a token piece from that building for the day.

Message 57 of 66 (3,829 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Anybody know if the earlier statement that there is a ceiling of 20 cheetah pieces to make a cheetah token is true?

I'm currently needing 20 pieces and suspect it could reach 21 at some point (soon).  Once it goes there, I'm done with the game (it becomes a losing proposition - more and more buildings to make fewer and fewer cheetah tokens, which are absolutely required if you want to be competitive in the Megalopolis Mayor's challenge - yes, go ahead and make 18 fire pits without speed up tokens - good luck with that).  I had enough epic builds to make five extra cheetah tokens each day (due to cheetah parts not collected) for a long time.  I was completing epic projects fast enough to keep pace with the increasing requirements  ... then it went down to four because I couldn't keep up with epic challenges compared to how many tokens I was burning through.

Can you imagine if you need one extra bulldozer grear, bulldozer pipe, and bulldozer blade every time you wanted to increase your storage by 10?  How many would you need to go from 490 to 500 (current cap) if each item kept increasing by one all the way to 500?  They put a "reasonable" cap at 30 of each (except the last 10, which requires 35 of each).

Message 58 of 66 (3,580 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, this has changed a lot so I thought I'd rewrite it for you:

TroyParry74 wrote:

New epic token parts become available 24 hours after you last collected a token part from the building, with the following exception:  if a building has been in destroyed (or abandoned?  haven't tested this one as I very rarely get abandoned buildings) state, that time does not count towards accumulation of epic token parts.  

If a building has a token part available but you don't collect it, it will not accumulate token parts.  If your token parts become available at noon on Monday but you don't collect them until 3pm, those buildings will next produce token parts at 3pm on Tuesday, unless they have been in a destroyed state, in which case token part production will be delayed by the amount of time the building was destroyed.

Buildings no longer automatically sync with each other at all wrt epic token part production time.  Again, it is relatively easy to manually sync token part production, but this also means that buildings that have been in a destroyed (or abandoned?  unknown) state will take longer to produce token parts, as it requires 24 hours of being a functioning building.  OTOH, building destruction does not reset the epic token part production timer; it merely pauses it until the building is rebuilt.

Message 59 of 66 (3,413 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have to say that isn't true, I've been doing epic projects and I only collect 4 pieces to make 1 token. So far as I know and I have bronze and silver.
Message 60 of 66 (3,296 Views)