Re: Contest of Mayors is a joke

by fmagrao96

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Better players? Better than who, better than you maybe. I fu@:-!g know when I've been cheated, wake up. The truth is out there. Ea has admitted to nickel and dime there players at any and all cost. Named the worst company in America 2 years in a row, beating out company's like BP oil, Bank of America, World com, Comcast, etc.
Message 41 of 79 (1,766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Oh yeah. 🤣
Message 42 of 79 (1,761 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Toby-G-211: Thank you for posting those screenshots!  I always found it amusing that people would keep insisting that there is no hacking or cheating going on--that it's all just "strategy" or people paying money--when it's obvious that this couldn't be the case. Why would someone spend $50 or more just to win at City Leagues? How could someone possibly lead at 40-60K points within an hour of CoM starting when everyone else is still at 1K? 

BTW, here's another beauty to add to the collection:

Cheaters at COM

Message 43 of 79 (1,740 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's not clear to me. What exactly are these pictures showing that proves cheating?

Message 44 of 79 (1,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SkeeterMark wrote:

It's not clear to me. What exactly are these pictures showing that proves cheating?

Look at the last screenshot I posted. What is unusual about that city?

Message 45 of 79 (1,697 Views)

★ Guide
Ok, the first six pictures I posted are all my city. I was just proudly showing off as to say "better than who". There is no cheating going on in those pictures. Now: thesims1depot found the smoking gun, here's what's wrong with this city. How many farmers markets and home appliance stores, etc. are you allowed? This person is cheating. Great catch sims1!
Message 46 of 79 (1,680 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
There will always be this element. It's not just games. Of course I know it's completely wrong and totally disapprove but if they did away with in app purchasing and required a monthly subscription to play it might lessen those who are playing for free and hacking. What really kills me is that they are hacking to be a top dog in a contest, in a game, in which there are nothing but virtual rewards. They aren't going to send you a $50 check in the mail. They must have some real issues with either self esteem maybe narcissistic personality, lol. Anyway, good catch. May those who use hacks get the ride of their life when a Trojan is unleashed and wrecks havoc.
Message 47 of 79 (1,638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@julesgian wrote:
What really kills me is that they are hacking to be a top dog in a contest, in a game, in which there are nothing but virtual rewards. They aren't going to send you a $50 check in the mail. They must have some real issues with either self esteem maybe narcissistic personality, lol. 

I don't think this is about narcissism. There are people out there who refuse to spend even so much as a penny on a game, so what do they do? They steal. People who hack the CoM are doing that to steal the rewards so they can get all of the premium buildings and expand their cities without having to pay for any of it. Basically, they're people leeching off the game.

Message 48 of 79 (1,623 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 49 of 79 (1,553 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I will check the link out but I really don't care about the hacking because EA pays, not me. I don't have or need every trinket in the box to have fun. I do use a little cash and if I really wanted to buy something I can but I'm not paying $5 for a dinosaur park in a virtual world. Lol. However, I will spurge a little for landscaping..it's pretty...hee hee. All I can say is I'm honest. If I don't agree with how a game is set up then I have a choice. Sims buildit seems ok, not the best deals but I do support the game because I appreciate the work and I enjoy but I don't get carried away. At the end of the day, all you really have is your integrity. I do not advocate for in app purchases and this is one where they advertise play for free and if you really wanted to you can and still have fun. So, technically they are holding up their end, they aren't as highly manipulative as many others out there..you can make progress..and it is fun..and not hateful PvP. So, shake it off and move on is my motto. However if you hacked my personal information I can be the type of women who wakes in the morning and the devil says " oh no! She's awake!" Plus my hubby works in IT and computer security in the financial industry and he's really good at what he does. Like FBI good..no joke ;-)

Message 50 of 79 (1,497 Views)