Club wars - Feedback

by EA_Mai

Original Post

SimCity buildit

★★★ Newbie
Reputable developers.

I address you on behalf of club the Purgatory (20 people Russia)

Remove wars of clubs.

Such option in a town-planning game is not necessary.

We wait for 1 season. And then I dismiss club and all his members delete your game from the gadgets.

Make a possibility of kickback for those who does not want to be at war.
Message 21 of 317 (2,481 Views)

Re: Club wars - Feedback

★★★ Novice

Club president here:  limited experience, of course.  BUT we inadvertantly launched an attack and then were stuck.  So several of us plunged in to experiment.  First, if we wanted to play war games, we would be playing a different app.  There are LOTS of war games out there way better than this distraction.  Second - drains resources and interferes with contests in progress.  Third, eats a bunch of inventory space.  Last, the rewards do not balance out the lost revenue from the inventory used to fulfill delery needs of war components.  Also, the games seem to have impacted the global market, amt and type of goods available.  We give it a thumbs down at this point and would like to,suggest that being able to trade omega items would be very welcome.  

Message 22 of 317 (2,474 Views)

★★★ Novice

The war feature is offensive and has no place in this game!

Message 23 of 317 (2,476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, no and no. The tutorial is misleading and surprise! A senior accidentally started a war we didn't want. Now our 100+ members are locked out and our cities are being destroyed. 

No no one can leave and no one can join and we have no control over this. Our club is all about plumbobs and the chest reward. The war has seriously screwed this. 

We we can't stop the war we didn't want. 

The club wars are not a welcome feature. At all. Bad move EA. 

Message 24 of 317 (2,386 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I complained earlier that the tutorials were not adequate. I now know the difference between war deliveries and war supplies. The distinction was not clear in the tutorials.

New complaint: now that my club's war has ended, I am unable to complete CoM challenges that are related to the war. I can't even collect war supplies! This will hurt my chances of winning the CoM (I have a shot at winning my first Megalopolis tournament). I play this game for the CoM and I'm willing to participate in wars if it helps me win contests. But you can't give me challenges that are IMPOSSIBLE to complete! It doesn't matter if you don't issue new war challenges during peacetime. The challenges stay in our queue for the duration of the contest. 

I don't expect you to remove the war game aspect - you spent too long creating it. And if the war is part of the game, then war-related challenges are appropriate for CoM. I propose the following changes:

1. Only issue war challenges during wartime (preferably in the first few hours of the war). If a club chooses to avoid war or is ineligible for war, their members don't have to perform war challenges.

2. Allow us to remove war challenges during peacetime without penalty.

Message 25 of 317 (2,373 Views)

★ Apprentice

That must be the dumbest idea ever . Great work EA , congratulations,you have just ruined the best mobile city building game . City wars ,I mean really ? If I wanted war game i have about a 1000 to choose from .

i thought the idea was to build the best city you can and  keep improving it ...Wow no .,wait l have another idea...let’s go and destroy other players cities and for that heroic achievement  we will give you a reward.

Instead of all this stupendous and pointless  effort EA put into this ,we should of been given more land or island we can build on ..not DESTROY CITIES 

EA could you PLEASE remove this idiotic feature and let’s play Simcity again 

Message 26 of 317 (2,355 Views)

★★★ Novice

I do expect you to withdraw the upgrade regardless of ur development costs.  Withdraw the update now or you will find many of us quitting your now disgusting game.

Message 27 of 317 (2,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, here is some honest feedback.... the WAR GAMES I hate..... I recognize the need to expand and be creative with the game, BUT.... this was one of the only few games that was positive, and constructive.  You went from SIMCITY BUILDIT to SIMCITY DESTROY IT.  Working in groups was a really great move, but using that to develop negative response to another team was NOT why I play and LOVE this game.  MY grand kids love it too but we will not partake in Waring activities.  I know you have a choice or not regarding playing WAR GAMES.... BUT.... you are pushing the WAR activities by having large points awarded for partaking and you do not give nonwaring groups equal access to earn large amounts of points.....

If I wanted a WAR GAME there are better games to kill in and destroy.  THINk of why people play this particular game...... IT is CONSTRUCTIVE NOT DESTRUCTIVE.

This was a place you could escape the world outside and build.... a POSITIVE idea.... NOT WAR a negative concept.

PLEASE PLEASE CHANGE THIS.....   DO participants have to leave and or STOP buying in order for the developers to get the IDEA.

You opened a Pandoras Box. The negatives you are fostering by not responding to the feedback will certainly bite you in the *.  Would I recommend others to try SIMDESTROY IT.... NO !!!!

Its now your call.......

Hope you make the right choice

Message 28 of 317 (2,371 Views)

Club wars

★★★ Novice

Since my club is too small for club wars and I have no intention of adding members, it would be nice if mayors contests didn’t have club war related assignments. 

I’ve already given up on seasons for the most part. Something there has changed. With some serious game play and time I could qualify for every level. This last one was near impossible on the final level unless you spent actual money. Which I have even done in limited quantities. Wasn’t enough and won’t do it again. Might just have to forget contests altogether. 

Message 29 of 317 (2,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Some honest feedback for you....  I hate the new Club WARS... You are missing who your audience is....  People that are constructive, and creative.   If someone wants a game of WAR their are hundreds of such games available.   SIMCITY BUILDIT turned into SIMCITY DESTROY it.  This games gets people creative and enthusiastic.... you can leave the nasty world outside and become quiet and creative....  Why would you want to change that.... I understand a game has to evolve to maintain more interest, but come on evolve to WAR.  I know it sounds trivial but your group of players are passionate.  Your clubs were a fantastic addition, positive... I love helping others attain their creative best in designing their city and world.  The concept of WAR is the opposite of YOUR audience.  Feedback from your developers did not help.... their response was you don't have to partake in the WARS, but you make the point allowance in games higher than other tasks....  YOU are pushing the WAR concept.

I play this game with my grandkids, they LOVE the creativity, and love the aspect of helping others attain their best city.  They particularly love the positive feedback they get from other group members when the sell items that others might need.

Going through the feedback I see a greater majority of negative comments to your new WAR, that should be telling you something....   The decision people are having to make is do I want to stay with the game.  /What will it take for you to decide to get RID of the game.   People to adondon it or better yet STO buying.  Usually it is HIT the pocket book to Wake someone up.

Would I recommend this game to anyone now ... NO      Will I keep fighting for this game POSITIVE YES....

Its Now up to you !!!!!!!   Keep the WAR aspect and LOSE players and reputation or CHANGE for the positive...  I will keep watching YOUR RESPONSE.   Thanks

Message 30 of 317 (2,361 Views)