Re: Bummer.. Club wars

by RupSims

Original Post

★ Expert

Sorry Wapnozium, I meant to offer you my insight but I lost focus - the highest level VP will automatically be promoted to President if the President leaves the club - if they don’t or can’t then you will face the situation we did. I read my post and it almost sounds sinister and critical of the EA Tech, to clarify the suggestion was to contact the family and request they remove her from the game which was not intended to be insensitive, but I would never consider doing that to her family and the reality was our core group was and still is grieving for our loss of a dear friend - guess I was being a little too sensitive. Time for me to man up.

Message 11 of 26 (1,026 Views)

EA app Team

If you are not sensitive when losing someone important for you, then when? I'm sorry for your loss, @PinnacleValley.

Unfortunately, support can only help if President has been inactive for a long time.

@wapnoziom, PinnacleValley is completely right, VicePresident with the higher Plumbob Points level becomes the new President, nothing to add there, thanks for answering @PinnacleValley! Standard smile

See you in the Global Trade HQ!

-Mai

Message 12 of 26 (1,001 Views)

★ Expert

Thanks for the kind words Mai - B. was a special lady that truly loved the game but loved people more - sort of like your Grandmother that you never wanted to disappoint. Our final salute to her was what she may have enjoyed most of all in the chat room - we each entered and said Hi B. She was truly a treasure.

Message 13 of 26 (991 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Join Canyon Lands we would love to have you and will be fighting in all the club wars.

Message 14 of 26 (965 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm attempting to to submit a ticket, but the site wants me to click on "select a topic" and I'm unsure where it lies under. I tried "report a player" but that also doesn't seem right but the link didn't work anyway. Is there someone I can just email? 

Message 15 of 26 (871 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @ABTAYLORXO,

You can fill the form from here, if you prefer to write on a computer: https://simcity-buildit.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new . Select 'Gameplay/In-game' as topic, that will give you a form you shouldn't have issues to fill and once sent, you will get an answer by email.

Let us know if you have any other issues to open your request Wink

-Mai

Message 16 of 26 (868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Our Club President no longer has access to his President account. He had to make a new account, then started playing again in the club, but then left our group for good. So we don't have access to the account or him now. If there is proof that he is inactive on your end, and you said EA can remove them and make the VP the current President, then I'm confused as to why they are saying it's not an option or why they won't. Here is the response I received from EA support:

"I realize that the president in your club has been inactive for sometime. 

However I would like to inform you that the President of a Mayor's Club cannot be removed manually by the game team.

If they decide that they no longer wish to lead the club or act as a President then they can withdraw themselves from that Club, the leadership position will then fall to the next highest Plumbob Points earning Officer. If there are no Officers it will fall to Seniors and finally if there are no Seniors it will fall to Members.

We do not have the ability to manually remove the President of a Club or change his position within the Club, they have paid for this position and it wouldn't be fair to take action against them for taking some time out from the game."

Message 17 of 26 (842 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Mai, please let me know if the president of our club can be removed for us. You said it's possible but the submit ticket response said it's not... So now I'm just confused.

Message 18 of 26 (757 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @ABTAYLORXO,

Sorry for the wait and the confusion. I have double checked this, and it was my mistake, what you were told as an answer to your ticket is right.

Have you considered talking to your Club members and creating a new Club with them?

-Mai

Message 19 of 26 (749 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Mai That is far too much work. The app developers should really just make this easier for players.

Message 20 of 26 (746 Views)