Another contest of mayors... already?!

by SimilitudeB

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Another contest of mayors... already?!

★★★★★ Novice
I like the contest of mayors. It brings another dimension and challenge to the game. Also I've been doing well and getting some okay rewards, which helps. But can we get a break please? Are you seriously expecting us to play this thing five days a week, every single week? That's ludicrous! I would like to have a life outside the game still. Two days off and then back into competition for five? Come on.

No doubt it's different around the world but I'm on East coast USA and here it starts at 1am on a Tuesday night. Great timing! So unless I'm okay with no sleep I always start hours behind other players. Why does it have to be at the same time? Why not vary it to give everyone a decent start time sometimes? Instead of 48 hours off why not 60, or something that will vary the start time, like 63?

Combine that with a much longer break between rounds too please. Why not 5 days on and then 5 off? I just won't take part anymore unless it changes. And, what's more, although the season perks are nice - the limited ed buildings - the prizes suck. I'm playing full tilt for five days and placing well only to get, say, two keys, one speed up token and 20k simoleans? Wtf??? That is pathetic. Sort it out.
Message 1 of 8 (953 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Another contest of mayors... already?!

★★★★ Apprentice

You can always chill and sit out a week, or do minimum required to maintain your level without going 100%.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (984 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

I am feeling quite similar.  What started out as a fun, relaxing game of designing and building the best city that I can build has turned into the Sim-equivalet of an action game.  I no longer feel as though I have the room to breathe as I used to because I feel like I have to complete in order to acquire new buildings.

[I'm tired]

Message 2 of 8 (926 Views)

★★ Guide

@SimilitudeB wrote:
And, what's more, although the season perks are nice - the limited ed buildings - the prizes suck. I'm playing full tilt for five days and placing well only to get, say, two keys, one speed up token and 20k simoleans? 

You're not just getting two keys, one speed up token and 29K simoleans. You're also getting limited edition buildings. 

Message 3 of 8 (907 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You can always chill and sit out a week, or do minimum required to maintain your level without going 100%.

Message 4 of 8 (985 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
That's true. And that's probably what I'll do - enough not to get demoted. I still say that some change would be beneficial though. And the prizes don't match the effort required to win them.
Message 5 of 8 (879 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The purpose of app developers with in app purchases is to keep players in the game as much as possible in hopes they will make purchases. That is the entire goal behind almost every event like this..players will stay in, get frustrating, knee * purchase, voila. I have also played a game that events started off at odd times. People complained, btw, I am east coast too, it never changed. I don't know why this is not able to be varied but it either has to do with where the games control center is maybe or are they catering to that largest population which would also make the most money off of and we don't want to upset them. Right? My suggestions are similar to the ones..when you want to play the contest, play, when you don't, dont. I think those of us who have a competitive edge feel like we are missing out on something and within the game yes there is some truth in that but there will always be something to try to pull you in. There will always be limited editions of something, choose the ones themed that you really, really like. Other weeks kick back..make coin, level up loose ends, redesign a little..even do maybe a few assignments just for the points but not to be pressured to win. Increase your storage, open land, beach, mountains, tackle a Mayors reward choice, do Vu disasters..earn gold keys. When the game becomes frustrating, put it down, walk away, if everyone did this, they would get the message but it takes team work. Just imagine if for one week hardly anyone played, yes, the few that did would get the winnings but ultimately the company would loose a huge amount of money. People give their power away too freely. We are the master, not the slave and I have seen major PC online games crumble to their knees because they are rarely a gaming breed that tolerates certain things. They have sunk tons of money in machines, monitors..etc..just for gaming and you think they are going to let a game company dictate to them. The will drop it dead and say "next".  Ultimately, it's your perspective that makes you feel like you are missing out. Think of what you're missing out on by playing like mad for a virtual limited edition item..it's not even tangible. However, you might could do or make something that can truly be felt, touched used, experienced..you'll never know unless you let go..and I know because my mistakes are not mistakes, but lessons. They will say different as to why they have the contests  so frequently. They are very adept at mental manipulation but you are the master of your emotions according to your perspective in this issue. This is a leisure activity, when it feels like work, the purpose of doing it is lost. 

Message 6 of 8 (805 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so why don't you just not play the contest of the mayors and stop your whinging and trying to enlist others to join you in your whinge. Leave the game to those who are happy to play it. No support here!

Message 7 of 8 (743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
Dear troll,
Maybe you didn't read the first sentence of my post about how I like the contest of mayors, so let me spell it out very in simple terms that you might understand.

I ENJOY THE CONTEST OF MAYORS. BUT I THINK THERE ARE IMPROVEMENTS THAT COULD BE MADE TO IT.

I proposed some improvements. What's the purpose of discussion forums if not to do that? Do you think EA doesn't want to hear feedback from players? You think they run forums so you can insult other players and tell them to quit the game?
Message 8 of 8 (736 Views)