Abrupt end to CoM contest, even with 4 days left

by Actionj925

Original Post

Abrupt end to CoM contest, even with 4 days left

★★★ Apprentice

Something really weird just happened. I was just playing in the CoM and all of a sudden the game says the contest is not available:

The frustrating thing is Ng is that I was way ahead in the CoM contest. I did spend quite a bit of SimCash (since I figure I can still make a net profit if I get first, second or third place in the Megalopolis contest), but now I'm wondering if it was all a waste. I've used several speed up tokens as well and countless neo and regular simoleons. Has this happened to anyone else? Note this is not the same message as when there is no internet connection. Besides, I can still access the global marketplace.

I've contacted EA support for help already. At the very least, if the contest is cancelled then I should get a refund of what I've used during this contest. 

Message 1 of 9 (973 Views)

Re: Abrupt end to CoM contest, even with 4 days left

★★★ Apprentice

And in case anyone is wondering, I racked up 40k points in the first 24 hours of the contest. Second place mayor had 27k. Not saying that I would eventually win the contest, but I sure as hell had one of the best starts I've had in a while. I was averaging a little over 2,000 points per task.

I have restarted the game several times to no avail.

---

Nevermind the suspicious end to a previous contest (week 8 of the most recent season) where I literally was up till 4am PDT monitoring the end of race, but all of a sudden two players added 7-8k in one step. Definitely impossible since there was no logical progression based on the maximum number of points (3,000) available per task. I was ahead in this contest by over 5k points and had two other tasks completed but queued, so it's not like I couldn't have stayed ahead had I actually seen the other players creep up to my score. Ugh, the cheating.

---

Message 2 of 9 (934 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here.

Restarting game and tablet several times did not help

Message 3 of 9 (918 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
This has happened to me as well. The contest hasn't ended. If it had, we'd be able to still see the CoM windows.

It looks like a technical issue and I imagine it's affecting everyone.
Message 4 of 9 (913 Views)

★★ Novice

If this is a technical issue has it happened before? Will the clock restart? 

Message 5 of 9 (896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the same problem, i was in the 1st place too...

Message 6 of 9 (857 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I've not seen it before but I've only been playing since January this year.

I'm only suggesting it's a technical issue because an error message shows. When the CoM ends normally, it doesn't say "no contest available", it still shows the CoM screen, you can still view the table.

Seems to me there's something wrong with the server or connection to the CoM systems.

No idea if the timer will be reset. No idea if it'll even come back, yet... The developers for this game don't seem to be that forthcoming in the communication department.
Message 7 of 9 (825 Views)

★★ Novice

CoM now seem to be working again

Message 8 of 9 (811 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I guess if it affected everyone then everyone now has less time for the contest but the issue is that it might have given some players some time to build up inventory. I basically stopped playing because of this (and went to sleep)..

Message 9 of 9 (761 Views)