SimCity won't start

by ajdearment

Original Post

Re: SimCity won't start

★★ Apprentice

bump

really loved this solved.

I tried a method but failed. What i did is download the game launcher then use files of install of dvd to overwrite some of it. so i overwrite everything but EAwebkit.dll the launcher fires up i see a black splash screen and dissapears. If i overwrite the EAwebkitt.dll the launcher appears but it says i dont have the right cd code and need to put that one in origin.

i still dont understand why the launcher wont start if you use download but if you install through dvd it will launch but then i dont have the right cd key.

Message 51 of 162 (5,373 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

only way i fixed my problem with it not starting is a reinstall Frown

Message 52 of 162 (5,364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't even open autorun or setup in the cd, the computer just ignores and continues to work normally... I paid 60€ and never seen nothing like this, I am sure this is the last time I will buy a game from EA.

Message 53 of 162 (5,335 Views)

★ Novice

Delete the contents of Origin->SimCity->SimCityUserData->WebStorage and try again - this solved it for me

Message 54 of 162 (5,298 Views)

★★ Apprentice

doesnt work. Problem is that the launcher dont appear. Its in the processes in taksmanger but then just dissapears.

Message 55 of 162 (5,269 Views)

★★ Novice

anybody have solved this problem?

Message 56 of 162 (5,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

For me turning off origin overlay fixed the problem. But then I can't chat with my friends in the game.

Edit:

I found what was the source of the problem for me. If I use MSI afterburner and its overplay with Origins overlay then SimCity doesn't start, only starts in tasks not as an aplication. But If I start SimCity first and then MSI afterburner it all works.

Message 57 of 162 (5,236 Views)

★★★★ Novice

having this same problem and would really like it fixed! This is infuriating!

Message 58 of 162 (5,229 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

having the same issue today...game launched last night and I was able to play for a good 8 hours.  Now, when i hit the play button..nothing happens.  Tried all the recommendations in the thread and just nothing.  Lame, because my city needs me!

Message 59 of 162 (5,212 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

oblongmana wrote:

Delete the contents of Origin->SimCity->SimCityUserData->WebStorage and try again - this solved it for me

This actually worked for me, delete all the files under this folder and then when i hit play

from the launcher, the game popped right up....im back to helping my citizens!

Message 60 of 162 (5,207 Views)