Original Post

Re: SimCity won't start

★★ Guide

bump Confusedmileytongue:

Message 11 of 162 (10,199 Views)

★★ Guide

As promised here is the fix:

You may remove the temporary files stored on your system. For this please follow the steps listed below – 1. Double click on "My Computer" 2. Double click on the C: drive 3. Double click on the "Windows" folder. 4. Double click on the "Temp" folder. 5. Hold the "CTRL" key and tap the "A" key to select all. 6. Tap the "Delete" key on your keyboard and accept the "Are you sure you want to delete these files" prompt. 7. Once done, press and hold the Windows key and the letter R 8. In the Run box type: %temp% and press Enter 9. When the folder containing all temporary files opens press and hold the CTRL button and the letter A to highlight all files in that folder 10. Press the Delete key. 11. When prompted to verify if the files should be deleted, click Yes. 12. Any files that cannot be removed can be safely ignored.

Next and Final Step to Fix:

End all processes concering Origin and SimCity through task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete than click task manager)

Relaunch Origin and run SimCity as Administrator.. 

Message 12 of 162 (10,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It's 2:44 now. Any luck? 

EDIT: sorry, didn't realize there was a second page...

Message 13 of 162 (10,188 Views)

★★ Guide

look above nomad i posted the fix. mine is working fine now im updating as we speak than back to crashing and the like lol but at least we can launch the **bleep** game now

Message 14 of 162 (10,182 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, didn't work for me Frown

Also tried disabling anti-virus shields...

Message 15 of 162 (10,169 Views)

★★ Guide

make sure you did it right you have to follow all steps to a T

Message 16 of 162 (10,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Oh, the instruction are pretty straight forward. I did it right and double check it. Even disabled programs to allow me to delete some files. 

EDIT: this working for anyone else? And if it does, what OS are you running? 

Message 17 of 162 (10,159 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tried it and it didnt work, but i couldnt delete some files because of open programs. I am about to try again.

Message 18 of 162 (10,152 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried it again and it still didn't work, I'm sure I followed the instructions. But this has been my last straw, its been one problem after another after another. Maybe they can fix all the eff ups fairly soon. From now on I will be adding an extra week to any games release date that is associated with EA. This is pathetic.

Message 19 of 162 (10,129 Views)

★ Apprentice
Did not work.
Message 20 of 162 (10,123 Views)