by gvsujulius

Original Post

Re: SimCity won't start

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks scooperman, it totally worked for me

Message 41 of 162 (24,578 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can get into the game's start menu, but can't load a city or create a region nothing, can't play the game wtf I WANT A REFUND TWO DAYS IN A ROW NOW!

Message 42 of 162 (24,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

What worked for me is what someone else said to do in this thread. Thought i'd reiterate in a bump for people just checking the last page:

1. Go to the Origin Application.

2. Click the "origin" dropdown menu.

3. Click "Application Settings..."

4. Click the "In Game" tab at the top

5. Uncheck the box marked "Enable Origin In Game"

6. Save, and close the program.

7. Run Origin as Administrator.

8. Instead of running Simcity through the Origin Client, Run as Administrator from Desktop Shortcut.

Win!! Running as we speak.

EDIT:

This fixed the problem of not running after clicking play, but when I entered the game, it loaded the tutorial until the very end ("tightening graphics") and then said "cannot connect to servers at this time". I think however they're working to fix this issue right now. Will respond with progress ASAP.

RE-EDIT:

Well the tutorial finally loaded. I actually got to the very end, right up until I had to go to Lucky Shores (or whatever it's called). It started to load the Lucky Shores region, but halfway through I got the error message "Could not connect to server at this time". So at this point, I don't think it's necessarily anything with the program itself, rather than hugely problematic server issues, which EA themselves have acknowledged. If you have the same problem as the OP, this fix really should work. If you have trouble claiming cities or loading, it's on EA's side. My guess is that the loading/claminig issues will be fixed by the end of the day. Good luck everyone! Hope EA at least learns from this whole experience.

Message 43 of 162 (24,561 Views)

★★ Novice

I think the problem is that crappy hardware bugs are getting conflated with crappy server side issues, and they're both so pervasive that it's impossible to tell what's influencing what

Thanks a ton for your suggestion though, I'll give it a shot. 

Message 44 of 162 (24,542 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same problem here. Game wont start from Origin.

Tried every "fix" in this thread, but still a no-go. Worked for me earlier today though.

Message 45 of 162 (24,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issue I'm having is that when the Sim City launch window pops up, I hit 'Play' and the game doesn't open, but it creates a process in task manager for SimCity.exe.

The only time it works is after I reboot my PC.

Message 46 of 162 (24,460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@jcleary47 wrote:

The issue I'm having is that when the Sim City launch window pops up, I hit 'Play' and the game doesn't open, but it creates a process in task manager for SimCity.exe.

The only time it works is after I reboot my PC.

same thing happened to me...i'm tellin you, go into options on your Origin Client (where it shows what games you own) and uncheck the In Game Origin box, close everything, and then run origin as administrator.

Message 47 of 162 (24,386 Views)

★ Novice

I can't even kill off Orgin.exe or Simcity.exe is the task manger.

Message 48 of 162 (24,374 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Doesnt work so still no playing for me. also means i doubt there will be a solution in this weekend. Should havee waited atleast a few months untill EA works all these problems out.

Message 49 of 162 (24,370 Views)

★ Novice

Has anyone figured out a solution to this??

Message 50 of 162 (24,282 Views)