03-14-2013 04:32 PM
I just purchased a copy of Sim City 4 deluxe edition, but I can't install it because there is an issue with the CD key. I've checked, double checked and checked it all over again but the installer won't accept it. What do i do? Seems to me I have got a faulty code.
03-29-2013 09:44 PM - last edited on 10-30-2013 07:22 PM by dddibley
[edit: removed game code] Use this one. It Works Perfectly. I Bought the game and this is my cd key, you can use it i diden't use it when i got it. i forgot to :P
10-30-2013 07:19 PM
I brought the Deluxe SimCity 4 today (Hard copy) my serial code wouldn't work, so I use yours which did. Thanks mate. mileyhappy:
10-30-2013 07:24 PM - edited 10-30-2013 07:37 PM
Reported.. :O That's a big No No. Jeez, that's been on here for 7 months.. lol. Nice find.
Were both codes in the same format? ( 5 sets of 4 alphanumeric codes).
For a CD install I don't think the code gets checked online. There was a reported issue where the CD codes were mixed with online codes at one time. Apparently one won't register if used as the other. Like trying to redeem a CD code on an online entry system (origin site, Origin client) will likely give you an "invalid code" message.
12-21-2013 01:08 AM
For code related issues, please contact an Advisor via live chat or phone:
1. Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3. Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4. Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5. Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6. Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.