Could not create the graphics device Directx not available

by therjman

Original Post

Re: Could not create the graphics device Directx not available

★★ Guide

In theory you cannot really remove direct x, you just override the installation, but anyhow I doubt it is the real issue you've.

Message 11 of 18 (3,078 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem.  I have uninstalled/ reinstalled the game, origin, DirectX.  Im running on a brand new mac, i have no idea what to do to get the game working.  Please help.

Message 12 of 18 (3,066 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Direct X is probably not your issue - It looks/sounds like you need to update your graphics card driver.

If you have NIVADIA video card just head over to: http://www.geforce.com/drivers and run thier in browser detection app. You'll need java installed. If you don't have it installed head over to http://java.com/en/ and download a installer.

Once you've run the device detection app you'll be prompted to download a new drive - download it, install it, restart your system, smile (hopfully).

Message 13 of 18 (3,037 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah it's probably a graphic card issue. 

Message 14 of 18 (3,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I've been having the same problem with SimCity 2013 tonight.  It was working just fine yesterday and I've been playing it for months without any troubles, and just now I get this same error out of the blue.  The thing is, I don't believe it's a problem with Windows, DirectX, or my graphics drivers.  Why?  Because I haven't updated any of those things between the last time I played (yesterday evening) and now.  I've tried verifying the game files, I've tried reinstalling the game, and still I get error 1002.  There is literally no reason why the game would just up and quit like that.  There has to be some other way to fix it other than the bog-standard "just update directx or get the latest graphics drivers", because they are clearly not the source of the problem. 

Message 15 of 18 (1,992 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I completely agree. I have a new system and I have been playing Sim City for over a year.  Then out of the blue in Jan 2015, all of the sudden I get the same error message.  I have tried everything I can find online. I have re-installed drivers, and re-intalled the game.  Nothing WORKS! It is so frustrating, because I really enjoy playing this game, and now I can't.  My specific error message is:

Could not create the Graphics Device. Direct X is not available. [1002] [0x00000002-0x8876086A

But as others have said, this doesn't seem to be Direct X or even graphics card issue. There is something else going on.  I really wish Origin would respond to these requests for help and fix this problem.  HELP!

Message 16 of 18 (1,939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im I5

Message 17 of 18 (1,872 Views)

★ Novice

The problem for me was that i had Fortnite open xD

Message 18 of 18 (961 Views)