Re: Could not create the graphics device Directx not available

by shepizzle

Original Post

Could not create the graphics device Directx not available

★ Newbie

I instal origin and SimCity deluxe. i load the game to play and a few moments later it says could not create the graphics device Directx not availabe [1002]. Ive just alot of things apdating my drivers unistalling origin and the game etc

PLEASE HELP

Thank you

Message 1 of 18 (14,879 Views)

★★★ Novice

Try reinstalling Directx.

Message 2 of 18 (14,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Re-installed the game and origin, but no success. I hate this. Paid 55 euros for it and it doesn't work. It's not my pc's problem. I have a i7 and HD5850. I hope someone finds a solution for this...

Message 3 of 18 (14,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I keep getting the error message 1002 when I try to run the game. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate via Mac bootcamp.

Message 4 of 18 (14,546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me to exact same problem. I am not very happy at all. I spent a couple of days getting windows running on my mac and then spent $100 on the deluxe edition and now it comes up with the error and i have tried reinstalling it and stuff but not working, If anyone finds out how to fix it PLEASE tell me and ill do the same for you if i find out 

Message 5 of 18 (14,407 Views)

Hero (Retired)

DX9 installers:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

DX11 is suppose to revert and act as older versions... but I've found you most of the time need to have DX9 files installed.

As far as I know you are not reinstalling DX11 but here's a link.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17431

Message 6 of 18 (14,403 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried re-installing Direct X, I have tried updating my drivers, still no luck!

Message 7 of 18 (14,393 Views)

★ Novice

I really need a fix for this. I've played the game on this computer recently and this problem just started overnight. It makes no **bleep** sense. Why is it that this game simply will not work one way or another?

Message 8 of 18 (14,016 Views)

★★ Guide

Uninstall the game

Install directx drivers from scratch.

Update graphic drivers to newest (even if you've already repeat by doing a clean install)

Run DXDIAG.EXE and go to the tab Display, check if  DirectX-Functions are all enabled.

Restart the PC

Install the game

See if that works.

Message 9 of 18 (13,995 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Could you explain how to install the Direct X drivers from scratch? Do I need to remove the current drivers first and reinstall?

Message 10 of 18 (13,876 Views)