Re: All service vehicles bug [still annoying since simcity lauch]

by Fluffehcat

Original Post

All service vehicles bug [still annoying since simcity lauch]

★★ Novice

Hi everyone, first time poster after waiting for a patch since launch for this amazingly undereported/mass-confused bug.

Repeatable in several ways, ties in with "disappearing" vehicles bugs listed by others.

Step 1: build any service building, clinic, hospital, fire station, police station, recycling center, etc.

Step 2: build any amount of extra vehicles bays.

Step 3: go about you business watching these 1-16 vehicles do their duty.

Step 4: destroy said facility while vehicles are on duty.

Step 5: build the same facility setup the same as before.

Step 6: if you are lucky you will still have vehicles coming out of the bays to run/save your city from fires/criminals/etc

Work around ( still does not always fix the problem): Turn off building power, wait for vehicle/s to return to bay/s. Destroy building.

Work around #2: Quit game, reload, pray vehicles are back to working condition.

Even doing the work around does not always stop these vehicles from being counted as "active", when building a new service building some fire engines refuse to come out of the bay even with the building lights flashing as if the bay is about open.

This issue can be tied to any other bugs with service vehicles, such as slow trucks being sent to region projects which vanish off the region back into the bays, causing the same "already active" vehicle to no longer come out of it's bay. All vehicles leaving the map run this risk unless they are visiting a neighbors map.

This is my first and last post for this simcity, hopefully this long time issue will be noticed so long after launch and ignored. Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (475 Views)

★★ Novice

Bump

I seriously hope they are working on fixing this bug.  With the upcoming release of an expansion pack I think it is fair to expect these basic issues with the main game get addressed.

Message 2 of 3 (456 Views)

★★ Novice

No, has not been fixed and will continue to be part of the game.

Message 3 of 3 (408 Views)