"Loremaster of Makeb" no longer achieveable

by DistinctiveKeys

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Loremaster of Makeb" no longer achieveable

★★ Novice

The achievement "Loremaster of Makeb" requires you to get the codex entry "Makeb's Mysterious Survival," which is obtained by a Republic character starting the [STAGED] Weekly... which was removed from the game with 4.0.

So did they insert an alternative way to get this codex entry? Or do we just add this to the list of broken achievements?

Message 1 of 5 (4,163 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Loremaster of Makeb" no longer achieveable

★★★★★ Novice

It seems the codex entry for the achievement can be obtained by finishing current Makeb Weekly. Got it yesterday, when I was grinding some achievs.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (3,107 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@DistinctiveKeys

No sir, that is gone like bell-bottom jeans are no longer in fashion.

Bioware did mention that this would be happening many times prior to the launch of 4.0 and it was strongly advocated to finish that one before it was gone.

/insertsadface "I understand your pain".

Message 2 of 5 (4,141 Views)

★★ Novice
I saw the dev post explaining about the achievements. This is what it said:

"Hey folks,

We wanted to pass on a heads up about some Achievements which will be coming out of the game with Game Update 4.0.

Category: Citizens of Makeb
Mass Exodus
Hero of the Citizens of Makeb
Making the Connection

Category: Makeb Imperial Forces
Contain and Control
Hero of the Makeb Imperial Forces
Well Connected
All players who complete Making the Connection and/or Well Connected achievements before they are removed will be receiving a Makeb Gazebo decoration in the mail around the time Game Update 4.0 launches. If you don’t have those achievements but you are looking to get them before they are retired, now is the time! We’ll see you all on Makeb.

-eric"

Nowhere is the Loremaster achievement mentioned. I never finished Makeb with a Republic character, and I didn't know the weekly was how you got that last codex entry. Since his post specified the Republic "or" Imperial achievements, I finished them on my imps without bothering to do the rep side. I got my gazebo in the mail as promised, but now I find out I should've been on the rep side instead, or "too bad, so sad, should've known they'd break one of the other achievements they never even mentioned?"

I searched the whole forum yesterday, and nowhere did anyone mention that this would break Loremaster. I only found out after 4.0 when I went to look up the last entry that I was missing. Also, if they truly planned on making it unachieveable, why is it still in the Makeb section instead of the archive?

I'm not a happy camper, and I hope they fix this... grr...
Message 3 of 5 (4,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah im pretty pissed about it myself, this game is filled with so many broken missions and items and what not and Bioware/EA doesnt seem to give two * about anything other than how much money they make off subs and cartel market, as long as they pump out new content people keep paying

Message 4 of 5 (3,973 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It seems the codex entry for the achievement can be obtained by finishing current Makeb Weekly. Got it yesterday, when I was grinding some achievs.

Message 5 of 5 (3,108 Views)