by rayan1381

Original Post

Accepted Solution

paying problem

★★★ Novice

yeah so i played swtor for a while and decided to plan a subscription 

i have a paypal account and a visa card with some dollars in it

i live in simi valley, california currency here is euro 

so i wanna do this with paypal when i enter my email and password it brings me to a page to add a card

though i already have one and it is my default paying method i dont know what to do

Message 1 of 6 (437 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: paying problem

★★★ Novice

figured it out seems that recurring pays must have another credit card backing it up so if the main card did not have enough it should take from secondary card 

this is why it was showing add a card 

have to get 60 days non recurring plan now

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (457 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@rayan1381

I'm a bit confused on something.  You say you live in Simi Valley California yet the currency is in Euro?  It should be in Dollars if you live in Simi Valley, California in the United States.

Make sure your account information such as your address is correct on your swtor.com account.  Prices should be in Dollars based on where you have said you live.  Once that is verified try adding it again.

As far as the issue with asking for a card, I've seen this question come up a few times in other posts but others have ran into the same issue as well.  It sounds like it's how the system is designed to work that when linking PayPal you need to ask link a card.

You would need to call Customer Service to get more information as to why that is or if there is a way around it.

See db woodynz post here with a link to numbers and how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call to the best of my knowledge, that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 6 (423 Views)

★★★ Novice

ok that thing its fixed i just find out i filled the wrong country and it was asking to pay euro so its fixed 

but the main problem still remains i enter my paypal email ad password it brings mo to add a debit or visa card to complete purchase 

though i already have a card linked to it so i dont know why it says that and when i enter information of the card that is linked to paypal

and select "add" nothing happens Confused yeah  nothing happens and i am stuck

Message 3 of 6 (414 Views)

★★★ Novice

and i have already done this with another site it was smooth there.

Message 4 of 6 (413 Views)

Hero

@rayan1381

This seems like the page it's taking you to is designed by default.  As mentioned I've seen other posts about others getting the same thing.

I would go ahead and call customer service using the information in my other post to see if there is a way around it but from what I've seen in other posts there doesn't seem to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 5 of 6 (401 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

figured it out seems that recurring pays must have another credit card backing it up so if the main card did not have enough it should take from secondary card 

this is why it was showing add a card 

have to get 60 days non recurring plan now

Message 6 of 6 (458 Views)