my computer with windows10 can't run swtor, it could before when i had windows 7

by kiritoadvanced

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my computer with windows10 can't run swtor, it could before when i had windows 7

★ Novice

my computer (that now runs with windows 10) don't run swtor with windows 10, it worked before when i had windows 7. The only thing the computer shows is the mouse, and i hear music.

Message 1 of 6 (2,142 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my computer with windows10 can't run swtor, it could before when i had windo

★★★ Novice

My computer has the same problem. I had windows 8 and when windows 10 came out I decided to upgrade, after the upgrade was done I went to play SWTOR and it wouldn't work, it kept crashing and giving me a black screen. So I thought it must have had something to do with my graphics card. I switched my graphics driver to an older version and swtor worked again... at first. After about 10-15 mins or less it would crash, then freeze my computer. I ended up switching back to windows 8 because you can restore windows 8 up to 30 days after you install windows 10. I don't know if the same is true with windows 7.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (2,286 Views)

All Replies

Re: my computer with windows10 can't run swtor, it could before when i had windo

★★★ Apprentice

Odd, I had an error message after updating to 10, but after a repair via launcher, installing DirectX 9 and a reboot all went smoothly. Try it !

Message 2 of 6 (2,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@kiritoadvanced feel free to rummage through

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-quot-How-to-install-Swtor-Correctly-and-ad...

As I did my best to ensure everything was covered.

Message 3 of 6 (2,113 Views)

★★★ Novice

My computer has the same problem. I had windows 8 and when windows 10 came out I decided to upgrade, after the upgrade was done I went to play SWTOR and it wouldn't work, it kept crashing and giving me a black screen. So I thought it must have had something to do with my graphics card. I switched my graphics driver to an older version and swtor worked again... at first. After about 10-15 mins or less it would crash, then freeze my computer. I ended up switching back to windows 8 because you can restore windows 8 up to 30 days after you install windows 10. I don't know if the same is true with windows 7.

Message 4 of 6 (2,287 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you, Ccavedude. Your comment helped me.

Message 5 of 6 (2,017 Views)

★★★ Novice

Glad to hear I could be of help. Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (1,943 Views)