Video Cards with Artifacting after 5.0

by proxos666

Original Post

Re: Video Cards with Artifacting after 5.0

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
@proxos666 Could it be that this is not video card related after all?
Message 51 of 133 (1,316 Views)

@Dr_Mikaeru

That is what I am trying to ascertain, why some have this and some dont is the hard bit at present

if I can find something concrete or what is common I can go back to the studio to look again

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 52 of 133 (1,300 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, I've spent almost the whole weekend  trying to figure out this. I put back my GTX 780ti with the latest and old drivers, downloaded the game again and still no luck.

I decided the to take the step further and installed my Windows 7 Ultimate from scratch and waited for all updates to see if the OS had anything to do with this mess. It didn't because the annoying bug persisted.

I'm pretty convinced now that the game has a part in this. There is nothing else I can do here, just wait for an update and hope for the best. Very frustrating. 

Message 53 of 133 (1,279 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've done everything except reinstall my OS (vsync on and off, in different variations didn't work either). Unlike other people, I'm actually still using 8.1, and I'm having the issue with my Sapphire Radeon 280x, Vapor-X. My previous dx logs are still up-to-date. Only thing I've changed is a new CPU, but that's included. And outside of increasing my already stable 60 FPS, nothing changed.

AMD has released several driver iterations since then. I've reported the issue to them, but none of their new driver iterations have fixed it. I'm pretty sure it's the game, or the drivers. And at this point... none of my other games are suffering. It's just swtor. :/

My husband has a Nvidia 970 in his laptop, but he's currently deployed with crappy internet. He's coming back in April, so when he brings it home... and the problem is still persisting. I'll see if he's suffering from it, too.

Message 54 of 133 (1,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi, I just started playing SWTOR after a longer break, and I also experiencing this problem (flashing artifacts). Only happens in outside areas, mostly noticeable, when riding on speeder.

I tried almost everything to solve this (different in-game settings, older and newest drivers, underclock GPU core and memory, windows reinstall, clean pc out of dust etc...). So after all, I tought my gpu is dying, but then I realised, its only happening in this game. And today I found this forum.

I also noticed that first comment was more than half year ago. So still not solved? No solution so far?

Message 55 of 133 (1,191 Views)

Hero

I'm having the issue as well.  Here is my DxDiag Log here and attached as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 56 of 133 (1,146 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Belgorad

Can you turn AA on within the CCC for swtor and turn it off ingame does this have any affect ?

Just want to see if it has any relationship to the thread at this link

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 57 of 133 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@proxos666

I wasn't able to find the setting.  The only application I have installed is the Radeon Settings and AMD Gaming Evolved program.   Where is the CCC at?  Right now AA is on at Medium in-game.  Is there something else to try?  I can use the Gaming Evolved app to Set AA to High then go in game to turn it off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 58 of 133 (1,137 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Belgorad

CCC is probably something else now with crimson etc 

See this link

think the screen you need is the one below to override AA ingame (turn AA off ingame once set)

Select overide game instead of use application, and supersampling instead of multisampling 

6.png

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 59 of 133 (1,134 Views)

Hero

@proxos666

I made the recommended changes but still seeing the same screen tears.  I attached a copy of my radeon settings

– Yoda

Message 60 of 133 (1,126 Views)