Video Cards with Artifacting after 5.0

by proxos666

Original Post

Re: Video Cards with Artifacting after 5.0

@Treadstone7l

Your dxdiag shows as Driver Version: 21.21.13.7270

which explains why you have them Standard smile as 372.70 did have it.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 91 of 133 (1,299 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Damn those dxdiags.

Ok let's just pretend this little part of the thread never happened... 😛
Message 92 of 133 (1,289 Views)

@Treadstone7l

I consider it great news as it means there is a simple solution for you Party hat

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 93 of 133 (1,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I already unistalled the game but to me the artifacts happened constantly, especially when traveling fast (by mounts and rocket boost) and when I was in a planet's outside zones. Happened inside too but, to me, was rare.

Fullscreen, bordeless windows, v-sync on/off doesn't matter. As soon some critter, enemy or npc is rendered in open spaces the artifacts show up for a split of second. Sometimes there were flickering shadows in cutscenes as well. Again, all my other (more graphically heavy) games are completely fine.

This bug is around for quite sometime and honestly I don't think it will ever be fixed (if it's not broken for the majority, don't fix it right?). I really want to be proved wrong tough.

Message 94 of 133 (1,271 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@GDERS

I actually noticed we have practically identical hardware (my CPU is one generation older, but otherwise the same), so it's very odd that you're experiencing the artifacts, even with two different GPUs. You say you've tried old and new drivers, but I'm curious, how many older drivers have you tried?

I know it's very tedious, and I know you've been through extensive troubleshooting already, but if you gradually go back through NVIDIA's older Recommended/Certified drivers before 5.0 was released (use this page, start from 376.09 and go backwards), you might be able to find a driver that clears up the artifacts.

Also, just want to confirm, you're seeing the artifacts regardless of what Graphics Quality Preset settings you're using?

Message 95 of 133 (1,208 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello Kipling,

I just wanted to throw my hat into the ring as well for this problem. I made a post in the SWTORs Forums thinking I was the only one experiencing this but I must admit I am relieved that many others have seen this phenomenon as well. Here is my forum post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=927718

Just to sum it up though - My PC Specs are: AMD FX-6300 Radeon, RX 470 OC, 8 GB of RAM, SSD, Windows 10

I run the game on highest settings, but even on low I still see this issue. As I go from place to place the landscape in the distance can flash white or black, and sometimes a black triangle from my character or random artifacting shapes pops on my screen just for a second. It's not game breaking and does not crash the game, but it sure does look bad and break immersion. 

I will add that it happens a lot when using the in game travel route system on large open planets as others have said. 

Hopefully you can fix this issue! <3

Message 96 of 133 (1,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I did not get time to play last night but I was thinking I would try playing it in windowed mode to see if that helps. I know that if I take the travel routes on Balmorra the glitching comes out like Tom Cruise from a closet so I will continue to use this method to test if anything helps.

I will also try it at 30 fps to see if that does anything - I don't know why it would but I want to see if it does. Like I and others have said I've tried it at low and high settings and the problems remain in fullscreen and fullscreen windowed modes so I will let you know what I find when I try this. 

Oh I forgot to mention, on Balmorra and open planets it's really bad, but in interior areas like Nar Shadda I almost saw nothing (to the point that when I was questing on Nar Shadda I thought I had fixed it). Which makes me think many people may have this problem, but once they reach level 70 and just PVP, raid, or do flashpoints that no one notices it anymore? It's possible. 

-Pilecki

Message 97 of 133 (1,057 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok so I did end up playing it in windowed mode. It did not change anything unfortunately. 

I also tried setting my FPS at different rates, higher than 60 and lower than 60 and also no changes in the artifacting textures during travel. 

At this point, I think I am just going to make a list of where the worst routes are for this issue on which planets and continue enjoying the game. 

Once I have made a decent list I will fire up my recording software and record a few videos to show the devs this issue. 

Maybe they'll see a pattern in these videos that allows them to fix this. Give me a week or two and I will start building up an archive of videos. 

-Matthew

Message 98 of 133 (1,019 Views)

SWTOR Screen Artifacting and flickering.

★★ Novice

Screen artifacting on SWTOR after 5.0. I'm not really good with alot of the computer terms I'm seeing being thrown around. So I guess I just want to know what I have to do to fix this. I have played around with the graphics settings and and all the basic stuff that I know how to do.

Message 99 of 133 (1,000 Views)

Re: SWTOR Screen Artifacting and flickering.

[ Edited ]

@Gotcho796

If this is occuring on speeder and taxis primarily , I am trying to get this flagged and acknowledged again as an issue.

If you could provide a dxdiag per this link it could be handy

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 100 of 133 (991 Views)