Verification issues

by henry_the_awsome

Original Post

Verification issues

★★★★★ Newbie

I got a issue with logging back into my SWTOR account.

I haven't played for a year or so but decided to hop back on. I went through the usual login and download launcher process, but when I tried logging in it asked for me to verify my account, so I entered my email and got the email which redirects me to the change password screen, but once I change the password and click on next, it takes me to the screen saying the verification failed and that I should check the URL, I tried this process 5 more times but with the same results. To make sure all my details are still alright I tried logging into origin with which I had no issue and it worked fine, so it seems like its just SWTOR, and of course I cant contact EA itself for help. Anyone got a idea on whats going on?

Message 1 of 3 (283 Views)

Re: Verification issues

Hero

@henry_the_awsome

When it sends you the verification are you clicking on it from the email directly or copying and pasting the URL?  Try logging into your email from a different browser.  I would also try clearing cookies and cache to see if that helps.

If you are still not able to get the link to work, try changing the email on your account to another email such as google mail and see if it works from another email.  It's possible the email may be modifying or affecting the link verification somehow.

If it's still not working then I would recommend contacting customer service for further assistance.  See db woodynz post here with a link to numbers and how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call to the best of my knowledge, that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 3 (271 Views)

Re: Verification issues

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah tried using a different browser and clearing everything but had the same issue, also tried a different email and also didn't work. When I get onto the verification site where I have to enter a password and then click on next.I get the failed verification page, but then again I get a email saying the password change was successful, i'll just contact them on skype, thanks anyway  

Message 3 of 3 (267 Views)