Re: Unable to progress Bounty Hunter Story bug

by Canderous_Otto

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to progress Bounty Hunter Story bug

★★★★ Novice

*Bounty Hunter Spoilers* Alright so I finished Chapter III of the bounty hunter story. I let the chancellor live, he asked to kill the lord who helped me get to him, so when I went to leave the chancellor's flagship and couldn't. I had destroyed the escape pods that the game's telling me to use before confronting the chancellor. I searched for a while but couldn't come up with anything and the quest marker was still at the escape pods. I finally went to the galaxy map to get off of the ship and went straight to the sith lord's ship which is where I was headed next regardless. The quest updated and told me to talk to him, but the quest marker didn't lead anywhere. I finally found him from searching the entire ship and killed him. It then asked me to leave his ship which I did and was placed back on board my own ship. Now's the major bugged part. My new quest is to use my holoterminal but no matter how many things I try, I can't possibly use it, it just won't let me. Even the quest marker is on it on the minimap. I got mail from Mako talking about our conversation involving us getting married which I didn't even have. So now I'm stuck here, unable to progress at all. No clue what's happening send help D: lol

Message 1 of 17 (4,279 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie

I did the same thing and what you have to do is go to the bulk head door that you must right click to open. You will find Darth Tormen to the room to the left.

I really hopes this helps!

View in thread

Message 16 of 17 (4,239 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Also when loading into my bounty hunter when it shows what chapter you're on as well as a small description about what's happened and your next task, it says that I'm on my way now to kill Darth Tormen on his ship.

Message 2 of 17 (4,264 Views)

@Canderous_Otto

If you travel to fleet and reset the mission there , does this have any affect ?

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 3 of 17 (4,238 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Never even knew that this was an option after playing this for so long lol thank you very much, Proxos <3

Message 4 of 17 (4,227 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well....when I reset it I had thought it worked because I could do the quest again, but it still looked buggy not showing where he was on the ship. I killed him and went back to my ship and now I'm in the same spot as I was before sadly so no fix yet.

Message 5 of 17 (4,216 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Canderous_Otto

Just to be sure can you run a game repair per below 

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner.
If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,
select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

Then with the launcher closed go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor 

in that folder will be a 1GB cache file called diskcachearena , delete just the diskcachearena file, a new one will be auto created on the next launch

Then reset the mission on fleet, see if this makes any change  

one last thing after the mission is reset just in case, right mouse click on your character portrait and if you have listed the option to "reset all active phases" select that as well.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 17 (4,207 Views)

@Canderous_Otto

I think this bug report is what you have , on occasion an old bug can resurface.

Odd though have not seen any other reports of this recently, apart from 2 recent entries in that thread

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 7 of 17 (4,199 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The repair didn't work sadly. If it doesn't get patched in the near future I think I'll just use the console next to the holoterminal and use it to proceed to Chapter 4. As much as I don't want to miss out on any of the dialog with companions and the cut scenes between then, I think it'll be my only option if I want to continue at all. I am very grateful that you took the time to help me though, Proxos.

Message 8 of 17 (4,194 Views)

@Canderous_Otto

Just in case this wasn't your post in that thread - Link

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 9 of 17 (4,177 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still bugged Frown

Message 10 of 17 (4,173 Views)