Technical Issue: C7 Error Code on Launch

by Hombre_de_Dia

Original Post

Re: Error code C7 all of a sudden

★★★ Newbie

I actually updated my AMD drivers to the optional version and disabled DPI scaling on my desktop (a tip I found elsewhere for another game that stopped working at around the same time) - now SWTOR starts working but goes "Star Wars the Old Republic stopped working" when the character choice screen should display. 

Message 41 of 50 (1,382 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@sniegupl

That should be a separate issue and hopefully easy to fix. Eric Musco responded with some troubleshooting steps related to some new features in Windows 10 Creator Edition here. Glad to see you resolved the C7 error though.

Message 42 of 50 (1,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I thought I solved this problem, but it keeps popping up, sometimes the game works but mostly I get the error c7 message. I tried all the suggestions, but nothing works. Everything is up to date. I do have the AMD video card and the windows 10 creator update. I´m desperate and really just want to play my game. Is there any eta on this problem? Is it the video card, the game or the windows creator update that is causing this problem? Should I just dump my video card and get a new one? As a subscriber and a devoted player I really hope this will be resolved soon Grateful for any answers.

Message 43 of 50 (1,358 Views)

Re: c7 error, windows creator update and video card problem

Hero

@atlantis83

There is currently a known issue with using the Windows 10 Creator update.  See the existing bug report thread here on this issue.

It contains work arounds that you can try.  If none of them work then as suggested by some in that thread you may need to roll back windows to before the update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 44 of 50 (1,339 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@atlantis83

Could you post your DxDiag here as well?

The investigation is still ongoing, but with the only two factors being AMD hardware and recent Windows updates, and with the issue happening to other games as well (ME: Andromeda, GTA IV, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, etc), there might not be anything we can do directly to address the C7 issue.

Message 45 of 50 (1,333 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok here it is. Thanks for the reply.

https://hastebin.com/munokudatu.tex

Message 46 of 50 (1,306 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I've run through this thread's suggestions, I've rebooted my PC, I've run the repair tool, I haven't got the update mentioned in the above in the update history to uninstall, I've uninstalled/reinstalled my drivers for my card.

I've attached my DXDiag output.

Any help is most welcome.

Message 47 of 50 (1,245 Views)

@atlantis83

It seems your post was missed , if still not solved, looking at the dxdiag a clean install of the video driver should sort the issue the issue listed below in the dxdiag

This is why it says C7

D3D Status: Not Available

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 48 of 50 (1,236 Views)

@Leikner

Is there a reason why your still on Build 14393 of Windows 10 ? 

Latest release is 15063.483

I cant see a cause in the dxdiag, unless it is the fact the c drive space is getting low (doubtful)

I believe your using the drivers from www.amd.com  have you tried using the drivers offered from windows update itself.

The dxdiag is showing windows update errors though, why I am wondering if you elected to stay on the older windows version ?

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 49 of 50 (1,233 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Disappointed

Yeah, OK, my C:\ drive was a bit full. Patched and all's OK now.

Thank you.

.__.

Message 50 of 50 (1,224 Views)