Technical Issue: C7 Error Code on Launch

by Hombre_de_Dia

Original Post

Re: Error code C7, help needed

@aeterna85

Glad to hear things are working again

I cant comment on the collections issue, @EA_Kipling may be able to provide further insite on this

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 31 of 50 (1,440 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@aeterna85 wrote:
Question, anyone else run into an issue in game of things you've claimed not showing up in collections anymore? Just before I took a break I got the nathema zealots set and a purple hawkeye crystal, and I used CC to unlock both, but now I can't get them on any of my characters. I don't know if I'm missing anything else as well, but I know I unlocked them as I claimed the nathema set on a second character.

@aeterna85

There was an issue a while back where the Nathema set was affecting other items in the Collections system, so there was a few adjustments needed during a maintenance. Eric Musco made a post about it here. That might explain what happened, and where you could find your set.

As for the Hawkeye Crystal, there was no issues involving that, so you might need to open an in-game ticket about it. If there is no sign of your Nathema set, you can mention that, too. Be sure to include details like character names and approximate dates.

Message 32 of 50 (1,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

xD I made a ticket but I don't know the dates, but I can tell them characters that have them.  Will not knowing the dates be an issue? I can't remember when I took my break @EA_Kipling

EDIT: Oh, so they redeemed our CC for the Nathema set? Well, I still  don't have the crystal anymore, but I can try unlocking Nathema again if that means all I have to do is re-equip the items?

Message 33 of 50 (1,420 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@aeterna85

Indeed, if you still have the set, re-equipping or re-modifying each item should mark the set as collected. As for the ticket you submitted, it depends on a few different factors, but the character names should be a good starting point anyway.

Message 34 of 50 (1,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Kipling Well, I was able to reclaim my nathema set, but I don't even see an entry for the advanced purple hawkeye crystal anywhere in collections, unclaimed or not, it's just not in there at all somehow. I swear this was a cartel item though, oddly it doesn't seem to have the level 10 requirement.. or any level requirement, actually.. I'm really confused about this. xD

I guess I was wrong and it's NOT a cartel item, shame though. I'm still surprised it doesn't have any level requirement.

Message 35 of 50 (1,412 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@aeterna85

Ah, you're right, I should have checked that earlier. There currently is no Collection enabled version of the Advanced Purple Crystal, sorry for any confusion!

Message 36 of 50 (1,407 Views)

Error Code C7: Incompatible System

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Long time off-and-on player of SWTOR. Have had my current desktop PC for several years, and have played SWTOR on it often with high graphics settings without any problems. Just patched up and tried to play for the first time in several months, and I'm getting "This program encountered an internal error and will exit. Error code C7. Incompatible system. Please verify your system is compatible with this game."

My DXDIAG is posted attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 37 of 50 (1,421 Views)

Re: Error Code C7: Incompatible System

EA Live QV Team

@Drazulfel

Your system specs look completely fine, but they seem to match an issue we're investigating right now. It seems several players with AMD Display Cards are experiencing this error after installing some recent Windows Updates.

Could you try and fully uninstall, and then re-install your AMD Graphics Drivers? If that doesn't work, you can try rolling back some of the recent Windows Updates, mainly the KB4016871 update if you can find it. If you're uncomfortable with rolling back Windows Updates, hang tight and wait for an update on the situation from us. I might merge all the threads if we get something concrete back to report.

Message 38 of 50 (1,399 Views)

Error code C7 all of a sudden

★★★ Newbie

Like in the subject - all of a sudden, I started to get C7 errors on startup. Tried reinstalling and running compatibility versions - no go.

Attached the DxDiag.

Message 39 of 50 (1,401 Views)

Re: Error code C7 all of a sudden

EA Live QV Team

I've merged all the recent C7 threads I've found that match the symptoms, @sniegupl yours seem to match as well. Would you be able to try the suggestions in my post above yours?

Message 40 of 50 (1,388 Views)