Re: System Troubles

by oTmagic

Original Post

System Troubles

★ Novice

I just recently had to install a new hard drive to my computer and didn't have any trouble with the game before but now i'm having all kinds of loading problems, the game just moving entirely too slow to the point it's not even playable. I figured it wasn't lag because i watch my dad plays just fine on our internet.

System is
Amd A10-5750m APU with radeon(tm) hd graphics 2.50ghz
Radeon Graphics HD 8670m 2gb
8gb (1.97) Usable.
32 bit operating system, x64 based processor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also uploaded what my system says it has. 

Message 1 of 5 (699 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've been having massive slowdown, as well. Not due to lag, either. It's been like this since I patched the game after a couple months' break last week.
Message 2 of 5 (683 Views)

★ Novice

Hmm I thought about reinstalling but the time that'll take makes me uneasy to do it. I'm just curious if maybe on my hard drive i didnt install the graphics card driver incorrectly or something, because Elder Scrolls online was running perfectly and SWTOR but ever since i had to get a new hard drive everything runs terribly slow. 

Message 3 of 5 (677 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

When you are dealing with a fresh Windows 10 install there are quite a few pitfalls that people have to work through to get games to run correctly.

The main one is if you see a message pop up saying Windows Key + G = record... This is the xbox app built into Windows 10 by default is turned on.

Very important to turn this off.

All Overlays are not your friend.(ATI's Raptor/NVidia experience, mumble, teamspeak)

The other is to correctly install the 'true' DX9.0c

http://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/download/details.aspx?id=8109

*Download this link and then once you have it unpack the Zip file and Run the Setup.exe as Administrator (Right Click).

There are many other things that Windows 10 will require but this will get you moving until I have a chance to do a Full Guide/post.

*Power settings set to High, ensuring your CPU's built in Vcard chip is not being used..etc etc.

Message 4 of 5 (664 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Did you copy it over to the new HDD if so dont forgetting to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 after the update to win10.

You can find it here Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\extras

Did you update all your drivers? 

Here is a guide to remove the Xbox app and other stuff and how to get it back hope that can help you

how-to-uninstall-windows-10s-built-in-apps-and-how-to-reinstall-them

Message 5 of 5 (656 Views)