Swtor unable to launch after pressing play

by tlin017

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Swtor unable to launch after pressing play

★★ Novice

Issue: Nothing shows up after pressing play. The download and patch went smoothly until I tried to actually launch the game. I pressed play and I'll see the loading cursor on my mouse and it'll go away pretty quickly. I've already searched all over for possible fixes and I've tried most of them and nothing seems to solve the problem. I've also tried downloading swtor on a separate desktop I have at home and I was able to load up the game into the character selection. However, on my laptop I'm unable to find a solution to this problem.

Posted below is the information from dxdiag. Hope it helps thanks in advance for your help.

https://hastebin.com/uxemofimek.tex

Message 1 of 7 (890 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Swtor unable to launch after pressing play

★★ Novice

Thanks for all the help I was able to solve my problem from this post: http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?t=72963

These were the steps that someone posted which worked for me.
Go to C:\Windows\System32 (and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 for 64-bit windows) and delete all .dll files that start with “d3dx__” followed by the directx version and some number, 24-43 for me. Apparently one or more of these directx dlls is corrupted. 

Then, download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloa...7...a-9b6652cd92a3

Thanks for your help!

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (987 Views)

All Replies

@tlin017

Lets start with basics 

Use this to see if a newer intel video driver is available - Link

Latest Nvidia Driver - Link

Have you stepped through this guide link

Try closing as many 3rd party background services and programs (except bitraider) as possible for testing in case one is interfering 

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 7 (888 Views)

★★ Novice

I did upgrade both Intel video driver and Nvidia Driver. I also tried your guide before and went through all the options that I was able to do and still unable to launch swtor. I'm unable to change any swtor setting in local appdata because I've never launched the game fully so that folder hasn't been made.

Message 3 of 7 (875 Views)

@tlin017

Try selecting both the intel and nvidia driver to launch initially with and see if any difference to behavior

otherwise need to eliminate something local as interferring, clean boot per this link is best but the bitraider mini support stub loader service will need to stay enabled or the launcher will stop at 100% and the play button will not light up.

other thoughts is copy the entire swtor appdata folder from the PC and paste it into the appadata location and edit the client_setting file to suit the laptop resolution etc if your confident on what needs to occur.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 7 (851 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for all the help I was able to solve my problem from this post: http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?t=72963

These were the steps that someone posted which worked for me.
Go to C:\Windows\System32 (and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 for 64-bit windows) and delete all .dll files that start with “d3dx__” followed by the directx version and some number, 24-43 for me. Apparently one or more of these directx dlls is corrupted. 

Then, download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloa...7...a-9b6652cd92a3

Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 7 (988 Views)

@tlin017

Glad to hear it is sorted , just for interest did you try the directx that is linked in the guide ? 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 7 (838 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried 2 Directx installations one that was a direct download and the other was the web installer. Direct download worked and web installer said I already had an up-to-date version. Then this post said to delete all of those specified files and when I did the web installer again it downloaded those removed files. Something must've been wrong with those files don't know how it happened but I'm glad it's fixed!

Message 7 of 7 (814 Views)