Swtor lost saber slash

by MGGHurricane

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Swtor lost saber slash

★★ Novice
Hello guys im a level 60 sith inquisitor and its exualy very simple i lost one of my best attacks saber slash. I went to trainers in different galaxys traveld far i dit even had a look between my abilitys but i just cant fint it pkease help i really need to get that trick back
Message 1 of 7 (2,596 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Swtor lost saber slash

Hero

@MGGHurricane

Are you referring to a sorcerer advanced class?  If so they originally had two melee attacks, one called Saber Strike and another called Thrash that did more damage.  That ability was removed from sorcerers and made assassin exclusive when patch 5.0 came out. See patch notes here

• Thrash is now Assassin exclusive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (3,070 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@MGGHurricane

Are you referring to a sorcerer advanced class?  If so they originally had two melee attacks, one called Saber Strike and another called Thrash that did more damage.  That ability was removed from sorcerers and made assassin exclusive when patch 5.0 came out. See patch notes here

• Thrash is now Assassin exclusive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 2 of 7 (3,071 Views)

★★ Novice
Wel i think you helped me a littlebid bud i just cant fight with my lightsaber anymore i only can use my force power and no there is nothing wrong with my lightsaber
Message 3 of 7 (2,574 Views)

Hero

@MGGHurricane

Sorcerer / sage advanced class was not meant to be a melee class.  They were designed as a long range force using class which is why they made that change.  It's also part of the reason why they changed it to where during character creation you choose your advanced class right away and for any players that still hadn't picked one it was required upon login of that character.

The light saber for sorcerer / sage was more for aesthetics then anything else.

– Yoda

Message 4 of 7 (2,561 Views)

★★ Novice
So you are telling me that they changed sith sorcerer and jedi sage to force users only so i cant use melee attacks anymore well thanks for your help master i feel the power grow #maytheforcebewithyou
Message 5 of 7 (2,557 Views)

@MGGHurricane

See patch notes for full changes (link)

Sorcerer changes are in the spoiler

Spoiler

Sorcerer

• Transmission (Update): Increases the range of Shock, Jolt, Death Field, and Force Slow by 20 meters. Also, increases the duration of Whirlwind to 60 seconds.

Corruption

• Efficacious Currents (Redesign): Reduces the Force consumed by Static Barrier by 15 and reduces the duration of Deionized by 5 seconds. Additionally, increases the amount of damage absorbed by your Static Barrier by 10%.
  • New Passive Ability: Sustaining Darkness. Static Barrier grants 10 charges of Sustaining Darkness to the target. When Static Barrier concludes, the target is healed for additional health per remaining charge of Sustaining Darkness. Targets of your Sustaining Darkness will lose a charge of Sustaining Darkness each time you directly heal them.

Lightning

• New Passive Ability: Convulsing Currents. Shock deals 20% more damage to targets affected by your Crushing Darkness.

Madness

• New Passive Ability: Dark Echo. Targets hit by Death Field have a 50% chance to emit a Dark Echo, damaging itself and up to 7 targets within 5 meters for internal damage.

Utilities

• Chain Shock has been removed.
  • Empty Body (Update): Increases all healing received by 5% (Down from 10%). Does not affect stolen life.
  • Dizzying Force received Whirlwind effects of Oppressing Force. Dizzying Force: Reduces target's accuracy by 20% for 8 seconds after Whirlwind ends. Additionally, your Whirlwind affects up to 2 additional standard or weak enemies within 8 meters of the target.
  • Lightning Barrier (Redesign): Your Static Barrier crackles with electricity, shocking attackers for energy damage when it absorbs direct damage to you. This effect does not affect Static Barriers placed on allies and cannot occur more than once each second.
  • Oppressing Force has been renamed Torturous Tactics and combined with effects of Sap Strength. Torturous Tactics: Lowers the cooldown of Electrocute by 10 seconds. In addition, targets stunned by your Electrocute deal 25% less damage for 10 seconds when Electrocute wears off.
  • Sap Strength has been removed.
  • Shapeless Spirit (Redesign): Reduces all damage taken while stunned by 30%. Additionally, reduces damage taken from area effects by 30%
  • Surging Speed has been combined with effects of Force Haste and improved. Surging Speed (Update): Reduces the cooldowns of Force Speed by 5 seconds, Force Slow by 3 seconds, and Force Barrier by 30 seconds. In addition, Force Speed lasts 0.5 seconds longer, Polarity Shift increases your movement speed by 100% (up from 50%) while active, and the active cooldown of Force Speed is finished when Force Barrier ends.
  • Force Haste has been removed.
  • Shifting Silhouette (Redesign): Using Phase Walk to return to its marked location grants Shifting Silhouette, keeping you from being leapt to or pulled and making you immune to interrupts and ability activation pushback for the next 10 seconds. Additionally, the cooldown of Phase Walk is reduced by 15 seconds and all defenses are increased by 30% for the duration of Shifting Silhouette.
  • New Utility: Galvanizing Cleanse. Expunge grants Galvanizing Cleanse, making your next ability with an activation time activate instantly. The effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds and lasts for up to 15 seconds.
  • New Utility: Unnatural Vigor. Unnatural Preservation increases your damage reduction by 15% for 6 seconds. Additionally, reduces the cooldown of Unnatural Preservation by 5 seconds.
  • New Utility: Enfeebling Strike. Strike the target with your lightsaber, dealing weapon damage and immobilizing it for 3 seconds. When the immobilization effect ends, the target is slowed by 50% for 6 seconds. Replaces Saber Strike.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 6 of 7 (2,550 Views)

★★★ Guide

Sorcerer and Sage have always been primarily either healers or RANGED damage (using Force abilities). On a Sage or Sorcerer, if you are running up whacking things with your saber, you are gimping how effectively you defeat enemies. So they haven't made any changes that change the classes from how they were intended to be played. You were always meant to be chucking rocks or slinging lightning at your enemies as a Sage or Sorcerer.

------------------------------------------------------------------
alt-maniac extraordinaire
the Harbinger server
too many 65s to count
Imperial and Republic player

NOT an EA employee, just a volunteer here to help
Permanently sleep-depped, runs on caffeine and chocolate
Slightly Sarcastic
Message 7 of 7 (2,536 Views)