Re: Server Side Lag Getting Out of Hand

by DBWoodynz

Original Post

Server Side Lag Getting Out of Hand

★★★ Newbie

I've noticed this happening often lately.  Playing SWTOR with no issues, then suddenly everything freezed.  Server Lag goes into the red, and will hit over 400,000ms.  This can last for several minutes and plague gameplay for quite some time bouncing back and forth.

I've checked my connection at the house - speedtest.org showed a 15ms ping, over 60Mbps download and about 5Mbps upload.  So clearly this isn't an issue on my end.  Others on my server are complaining of the same thing (when it catches up with their messages).

How about we work on fixing these issues?

Message 1 of 54 (1,814 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Screenshot example of the lag.

Message 2 of 54 (1,773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same.. Tried to just reset computer and internet and still nothing.

Message 3 of 54 (1,763 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Afternoon folks.

Could I suggest that you give the tools provided here a go.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-to-identify-network-issues-for-Swtor/m-p/4...

Playing on Harbringer so tested to San Jose

I Live in NEW ZEALAND

(distance to server "Further then Yours")

Message 4 of 54 (1,747 Views)

Hero
If your still having issues include:

Server:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 5 of 54 (1,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Crazy question. Do you happen to have Brighthouse or Time Warner for your internet? Apparently there was some outage that affected internet last night. I was having issues also.

@cheekyshyguy wrote:

Same.. Tried to just reset computer and internet and still nothing.

Message 6 of 54 (1,709 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Could I suggest (if you use a laptop) to try playing at the public library as they generally have free internet; also contact your friends and see what there experiences are if they are in the same area but on a different ISP they may have zero issues or be experiencing the same things... therefore you know when you run your tests.. "what do you all share in common"? and it 9/10 won't be swtor.

Message 7 of 54 (1,705 Views)

★ Novice

I have been having issues but my husband has been not. We both are on laptops. I am beyond fustrated.

Message 8 of 54 (1,639 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@starscolapse2 wrote:

I have been having issues but my husband has been not. We both are on laptops. I am beyond fustrated.

Using Wifi perchance ? Cable up to your router / modem, does it have the same issue ?

Message 9 of 54 (1,637 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@starscolapse2 Could I suggest that you give these tools ago please.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Simple-guide-to-identify-network-issues-for-Swto...

Odds are we will find a firewall issue or a networking issue... who knows fire out a dxdiag log and your client_settings.cfg file and we may even be able to provide suggestions such as power settings, turning off Windows Aero for windows 7+8.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-quot-How-to-install-Swtor-Correctly-and-ad...

Message 10 of 54 (1,627 Views)