Re: Screenshot is not functioning.

by DBWoodynz

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Bug Reports go all the way over here chief

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417

Technical Boring Jargon goes here... Standard smile as I'm not even sure EA_Nils plays swtor; their missing out if they don't.

Message 11 of 17 (732 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks mate

Message 12 of 17 (721 Views)

★ Guide

@DBWoodynz wrote:

You will find that you are not running the game as administrator so what is happening is the game is requesting the creation of a file/folder to your Windows.. and your OS is simply saying "Who are you?... Do I know You?.. nope go away".

If you have Windows 10 click on the Folder Icon in your task bar down the bottom.

Now Select your PC account in the left column ie:dbWoodynz pc/ then Documents..

Ensure you have a "Star Wars - The Old Republic" folder which inside contains  a "Screenshots" folder.

(*if not Make them)

If not shut down your game completely and then go to your swtor folder and change these 3 exe's

Launcher.exe.

Bitraider.exe.

Swtor.exe (*Inside the Retail folder).

Simply Right click each one and via properties place a tick into the "Run as Admin" function.. apply/ok;

Now try your game again.

Enjoy

Since he mentions BitRaider and at least one person commented they have no such file, I thought I'd do a quick side note...  those that do not have "Bitraider" in their folder, that's actually better.  Bitraider is the streaming launcher that they use so you can jump right into the game while it's still downloading.  Great for brand new players, but the whole Bitraider system is a third party program they licensed and it... doesn't work very well on patch day.  9/10 when someone is screaming bloody murder about not being able to patch the game, they will say yes to the question "Does it say ST in the bottom left corner of your launcher?"

If you DO have Bitraider, I would suggest finding one of the threads on how to remove it.  It's a headache and a half to remove because you need to completely redownload the entire game... but once you do, you'll more than likely never have a patching issue again.

Message 13 of 17 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero
@absolutgrndzer0

I'm not sure if they are experiencing the issue still. They haven't updated the thread in 5 months.

I would assume resolved by now till they update
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 14 of 17 (694 Views)

★ Guide

Well, considering that I found this article because the screenshot feature is STILL not functioning for me, I imagine the OP just gave up.  It's not been fixed in 5 years, it will be fixed when gamorreans fly.

Message 15 of 17 (682 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem
I tried all the variants suggested on the forums, it did not help.
Disabled antivirus. It worked
As a result, I changed the Firewall settings in the antivirus. Everything works now

Message 16 of 17 (625 Views)

★★ Novice

Holy cow! The antivirus was it. I tried everything. Taking ownership of the directory. Setting security permissions to the directory. Ensuring the .exe files ran as administrator. Checking for disk corruption. Running a repair. Checking the registry settings. Checking the OneDrive folder. Modifying the Documents library to just have my one Documents folder. I even considered getting rid of my custom Documents folder and returning to the one that lives under my Windows user profile. But it turns out that Windows Defender (Win10) was blocking SWTOR from writing those files. So I added exceptions for launcher.exe and swtor.exe, and suddenly it all worked.

Note that this was for both the screenshots and the combat logs.

Message 17 of 17 (549 Views)