SWTOR error game version does not match server's

by Adaptis

Original Post

SWTOR error game version does not match server's

★★ Novice

It's my first time writing about a problem for SWTOR so i'll do my best to explain what issue I am having, yesterday 13 june an update to the game servers was implemented I think it was announced a few day ago.

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, June 13th in order to apply Game Update 5.2.2. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:
DATE: 13 June 2017
TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)
VERSION: 5.2.2 "

After the update when the servers came back online I logged into my account to see if i could get on, It verified my game without updating or anything and I was able to click the play button but as soon as i get to my character screen I get an error message saying "Your current game version does not match the server's,please restart the game. Follow the Help Center link below for more information. "

I have restarted my game, restarted my PC but every time I log in I don't see it updating, It just says initializing then after 10 - 15 seconds I am able to press play again. There is no Help Center link below the error message, I have tried searching on the www.swtor.com site for the Help Center or information to this specific problem but I have found none. I am unsure how else to resolve this problem, I realize the update is very new since it was implemented yesterday so i don't know if anyone else is having this issue so I would appreciate any help to this problem.

Message 1 of 6 (1,714 Views)

Re: SWTOR error game version does not match server's

EA SWTOR Team

Hi @Adaptis ,

You might be interested in the Launcher Troubleshooting Guide. For your current issue, I would recommend the following troubleshooting steps first:

Close the launcher, download the Launcher Repair Utility, place it in your SWTOR installation folder and run it from this location. 

It can be found here http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/LauncherRepairUtilityP1.8.2.exe

Hopefully it'll help!

Message 2 of 6 (1,703 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you the Launcher Repair Utility has helped get the update to go but i'v run into a new issue that is also a first for me, I left the update for a couple of hours and I noticed when it hits 60% the update bar skips 70 and hits 80% then 100% but then it looks like it resets and says it's Reorganizing Data then it's Verifying which takes a couple of minutes then when its done the update hits 50% again and goes back Installing but every time it hits 60% it goes back into a cycle skipping 70% then 80% and 100% then back to Verifying and Reorganizing Data then back to 50% Installing the update,I have been in the Launcher Troubleshooting Guide to make sure if i can come across a solution but I have found none for this problem, Thank you again for taking the time to help me with this issue and would Appreciate any further assistance for this new problem.

Message 3 of 6 (1,693 Views)

Hero

@Adaptis

Try the steps in this guide here and see if it resolves the issue.  Sounds like bitraider is getting stuck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 4 of 6 (1,685 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry for the late reply I was trying a few things out before coming back, I set my bitraider mini support  to automatic but unfortunately it's still giving that problem so I tried disabling bitraider in my SWTOR launcher and it downloaded the whole game again and so i switched back to the streaming launcher, bitraider enabled again but still the same problem so disabling bitraider and going back to the non-streaming launcher, I can log in but i'm stuck at Quick Play Mode where it's at 0.00% and not moving. Does it take a long time for the 0.00% to start moving or am i completely stuck on it? Thank you for any help you can provide for this ongoing problem

Message 5 of 6 (1,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Adaptis

If the Launcher is stuck try this guide

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/GUIDE-Launcher-Stuck-at-0-or-100-Complete/m-p/52...

and yes if you remove add the bitraider that means nearly an couplet new download for the Game.

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 6 of 6 (1,657 Views)