SWTOR: crashes on startup (error code: C6)

by JakeBakexD

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SWTOR: crashes on startup (error code: C6)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello! Yesterday I made my friend download SWTOR on her laptop so we could play, and so she did, but now the game won't start! When she hits the play button the game starts for about a second and then it closes down. An error message shows up during this brief moment that sais something like:

This program encountered an internal error and will exit.
Error code: C6

And we've searched around for hours without finding any funktional sulotion. We've already tried to go into the client_settings folder and edited fullscreen to false and changing the resolution so that it matches, we've set the BitRaider disabler thingy to true and nothing seems to work. When she was done downloading and played for the first time it opened in a box in the corner and then when we was about to try again it suddenly required another update... Something about "English Video 1" and stuff.
We've been at this for so many hours now and we really want to play together. I had a problem as well that my screen went black when I started and it didn't show anything even though the sound and mouse curson and stuff was working. I could even enter the game on my Jedi Knight. It solved as I installed the AMD driver! Do any of you know if there is any similarity between out problems? Will the AMD driver work for her as well? Please let me know your thoughts!

Please, if you know any sulotion, tell me.

Message 1 of 8 (1,784 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SWTOR: crashes on startup (error code: C6)

★★★★★ Novice

LOL I re-installed the game overnight and it seems to have fixed itself now... So thatnks for your help everybody but the problem is solved! xD Then the thing that I said about whaiting actually solved the problem because the only thing I had to to was whait for my friend to be done and log in! xDDD It's funny that things like this happens!

Thanks for trying to help nonetheless!

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (1,928 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Your problem (black screen) and her problem (error C6) are different problems, so likely have different solutions.

You need to provide info for her system.

Have her run a dxdiag and post the results (instructions here).

Message 2 of 8 (1,767 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Message 3 of 8 (1,760 Views)

[ Edited ]

@JakeBakexD

The latest intel driver for her card is at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?pr...

Now to the C6 error can be a write error , the question now is why is there a write error

First go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor   and in that folder is a file called diskcachearena delete just this file 

Make sure both launcher.exe and swtor.exe are in all the exception lists for the antivirus and firewall , just in case the antivirus is blocking write access

Let me know if it doesn't clear after this and can keep looking

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 8 (1,749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Am I supposed to delete the whole file or just what's inside it?

You took a lot of time to help me yesterday and now I'm bothering you again my friend, I'm sorry. But the reason that I downloaded the game in the first place on this computer was so I could play it over at my friends but now she has a problem with her game too. It's really ironic isn't it?

But anyways about the file. I'm just waiting for her to be done with something then we can coninue, in the meantime, Is it just the contains of the file in question or the whole file?

Message 5 of 8 (1,741 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oh my gosh, I miss-clicked... Can't I undo that?

Message 6 of 8 (1,737 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

LOL I re-installed the game overnight and it seems to have fixed itself now... So thatnks for your help everybody but the problem is solved! xD Then the thing that I said about whaiting actually solved the problem because the only thing I had to to was whait for my friend to be done and log in! xDDD It's funny that things like this happens!

Thanks for trying to help nonetheless!

Message 7 of 8 (1,929 Views)

@JakeBakexD

Just glad to hear your both good now

May The Force Be With You

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 8 of 8 (1,724 Views)