SWTOR: Can't access my Account without security and vice versa

by Vergil391

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

SWTOR: Can't access my Account without security and vice versa

★★★ Newbie

I use to play SWTOR on my laptop. I had downloaded the security key app on my iPhone, but I got rid of my old laptop and was computerless for a time. so I proceeded to delete the SWTOR app on my phone. Now that I have a new rig, I tried to login again but it wont let me reset my password without the security key. so I redownloaded the SWTOR security key app in hopes to be able to reset my password. But to setup my security key app I need to login to my account...and to login to my account I need my security key app working so I am kinda stuck and I was hoping you would be able to shed some light on my rather hopeless situation. I would extremely appreciate it if I did not have to create another account.

Message 1 of 2 (526 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SWTOR: Can't access my Account without security and vice versa

Hero

@Vergil391

The main thing is that in order to remove your old security key attached to your account you would need to have your user name and password to login. If you don't know your password and need to reset it, you will need to call customer service.

If you are able to remember your password, then enter your Display Name and Password but leave the security key field blank.  Click login, then on the next screen it will ask for your security key.  Below the field is a link that says "Forgot your security key?". If you click on that it will send you a one-time password to your email which you enter on the website and will remove the security key and allow you to add a new one.

However as mentioned if you are unale to do this then for security purposes you will need to call customer service.

See db woodynz post here with a link to numbers and how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call to the best of my knowledge, that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (552 Views)

All Replies

Re: SWTOR: Can't access my Account without security and vice versa

Hero

@Vergil391

The main thing is that in order to remove your old security key attached to your account you would need to have your user name and password to login. If you don't know your password and need to reset it, you will need to call customer service.

If you are able to remember your password, then enter your Display Name and Password but leave the security key field blank.  Click login, then on the next screen it will ask for your security key.  Below the field is a link that says "Forgot your security key?". If you click on that it will send you a one-time password to your email which you enter on the website and will remove the security key and allow you to add a new one.

However as mentioned if you are unale to do this then for security purposes you will need to call customer service.

See db woodynz post here with a link to numbers and how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call to the best of my knowledge, that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 2 (553 Views)