SWTOR Account Locked For 3 Days

by spotdemo4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SWTOR Account Locked For 3 Days

★★★ Newbie

So, I have had a SWTOR account for a while, and haven't been active for a while. One day my friends were playing it, and I decided to get back into playing it. I played it for 5+ hours straight, I subscribed (Payed money for it), and then went to bed.   When I woke up, I was greeted to this message:

http://i.imgur.com/WJ99b6o.jpg

So, I did what it said. I went and checked my email. This is the email I got:

http://i.imgur.com/RAmM5Wk.png

At this point, I was scared that I got hacked, so I ran a virus scan and then contacted their support. The guy on the other end had me answer some security questions and then told me that the matter had to go to some "advanced tos team", and that it would take 3 days until I might get my account back. I know this is around Christmas, but even the email said that I would immediately get my account back, and I wouldn't have to wait 3 days.

tldr: Account got locked temporarily, told it would take 3 days to get it unlocked.

Message 1 of 8 (1,542 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SWTOR Account Locked For 3 Days

★★ Novice

The exact same thing happened to me this morning. I talked to a fine gentleman on the phone and he roughly the same thing, though he neglected to mention the three days thing. He said their system flags inactive accounts coming back and immediately buying things as possibly compromised, which seems like a flawed system to me. I figure there's going to be a few cases of this lately, especially with The Force Awakens in theaters. It really sucks that I'm burning paid game time and vacation on this.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,647 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

The exact same thing happened to me this morning. I talked to a fine gentleman on the phone and he roughly the same thing, though he neglected to mention the three days thing. He said their system flags inactive accounts coming back and immediately buying things as possibly compromised, which seems like a flawed system to me. I figure there's going to be a few cases of this lately, especially with The Force Awakens in theaters. It really sucks that I'm burning paid game time and vacation on this.

Message 2 of 8 (1,648 Views)

★★ Novice

An update: After waiting most of the day, I decided to call SWTOR support again. This time, I was told that my account was flagged as suspended due to suspicious payment activity on my Origin account. That's when I learned that SWTOR quietly created a new Origin account for me behind the scenes because I use a different email address for SWTOR than I do for Origin. My new, second Origin account was flagged for suspicious activity and that is why my SWTOR account was flagged. The rep for Bioware told me I'd have to call EA Origin support to get the Origin account fixed first.

Okay, so I called Origin support and luckily got an awesome guy by the name of Lance B. who spent thirty minutes on the phone with me getting this worked out. He had me verify and reclaim my new Origin account and validate all purchases on the account (all of which were mine, nothing suspicious). He then created a survey for the account dispute and sent it off to the account dispute system and passed the tracking number along to me. He then told me the rest had to be done in Bioware's system and to email SWTOR account disputes (omitting email address) with everything that had been done to finally get the account unlocked. I've done that and now we're playing the waiting game.

If any of this potentially sounds similar to your situation, I'd advise you to follow up again and potentially see about getting your magical secret Origin account unlocked. It was a long process, but if it gets me my account faster, it will have been worth it.

Message 3 of 8 (1,488 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Jerigord

There is no secret about the origin account using the swtor email , see here

There is no need to use that origin account but it is created on account creation

All game profiles are linked by an EA profile based on a email address and is really an Origin Account for naming purposes -  see here

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 8 (1,484 Views)

★★ Novice

The "secret" aspect was me being cheeky; I apologize for confusing anyone. For me, it was a surprise because I already had an Origin account with another email address and had no idea that a new Origin account would be created with the email address I use for Bioware stuff. I received no notification about this new Origin account and wouldn't have even known it existed if the support rep hadn't told me about it on the phone. That kind of behind the scenes account creation and linking makes it harder to troubleshoot these sorts of things as a user, so I wanted to make sure others were fully aware of what's going on.

Message 5 of 8 (1,468 Views)

★ Novice

I just had this happen to me. I am still waiting for even an acknowledgement email. This is not the correct way to verify account ownership. I have precious little time to game as it is and now i have the privilege of waiting for some "advanced/ specialized/ whatever team" to render a "decision"! What decision? Verify me and my transaction and let me play your silly MMO!

Message 6 of 8 (1,448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Just a heads up, you need to blank out or remove the log in info in the screenshot you just did half the work for a hacker and believe me people will be trying to ninja your account so i recommend you change the password to something a bit more complicated then what you use and if you don't have an Security Key (hardware key ring type not Smartphone software) then i highly recommend that you grab one, you can get them for under $10 and in return you get 100 cartel coins every month whether you subscribe or not so FYI!

Message 7 of 8 (1,439 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This has now happened to me.. I bought a few things on Friday using cartel coins already on my account, I'd been playing for a couple days after having a long absence from the game (playing eso), as a non subscriber I found levelling way too slow before, with the limited time I have to play, but now levelling is MUCH faster I thought I'd give it a shot.
I received an email saying to call the customer service guys, granted they are very polite but they can't actually do anything but 'pass your message on' to the team that 'don't have a phone number', apparently.
the three days are now up and I don't have access to my account. I work 12 hour days and have one day off, tomorrow, and it looks like I still won't get access.
I've answered my security questions over the phone, I've scanned my computer confirming the absence of any viruses.
What's the point in coming back to the game if I'm just going to get locked out for having an absence in play?
If someone tells me it's going to be another couple days because this 'special' team don't work weekends I'm just deleting my account and watching all the stories on YouTube. And go back to eso.
Message 8 of 8 (1,272 Views)