Resetting security code

by AgentBuckwall

Original Post

Resetting security code

★ Novice

I stopped playing the game a while ago and kind of forgot it, but it just popped back into my mind and I wanted to download again. The problem is, I no longer have the phone with my old security code, so I can't log in. I follow the support and this is what happens:

I put in my username and password, then use the "Forgot security code" link. Note: This is in the Launcher, because there is no link on the website.

The link sends me to the SWTOR Support page

That page sends me to the EA support

EA support tells me to log in and use the "Forgot security code" link

Is it just impossible to reset the code without calling, or am I missing something?

Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

Re: Resetting security code

Hero
@AgentBuckwall

Go to swtor.com and click my account then enter your Display Name, Password, leave security key blank and then click login.

On the next screen it should ask you for your security key and below the field click the link Lost your security key. If it's not there try another browser. I use chrome and see the link and also disable any add one that may hide or remove it.

This should allow you to receive the email and follow the steps through that to remove it.

Also unfortunately if that doesn't work then the I KY way to remove the security key is to call customer service as for security purposes they cannot assist with account related issues via the forum or email.

If you need to call the below information has different methods such as direct call or via Skype:

USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT)
UK: +44 (0)203 0141 826 (Support available from 15.00 GMT - 3.00 GMT)
Germany: + 49 (0)221 8282 9212 (Support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)
France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)

You can also contact them via Skype for free.

Open the VOIP program or app of your choice, then:

If you’re calling for support in English:

Set your country to the UK.
Dial 0203 014 1826.
French:

Set your location to France.
Dial 04 81 68 10 51.
German:

Set your location to Germany.
Dial (0221) 82829212.

More information using Skype or for calling from a differnet country then listed above can be found here:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/swtor-support/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 2 (219 Views)