Re: Quest "Some People Just Need Killing" won't progess. help?

by epockismet

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Quest "Some People Just Need Killing" won't progess. help?

★ Novice

So I get on the ship, the mission doesn't update, and none of the enemies become hostile. Also the Sith Lord never spawns. The game also won't let me reset the mission, so idk what to do to trigger it.

http://imgur.com/a/fdMu5

Message 1 of 9 (2,646 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Verified that the bug has never been fixed, the work around can be hard to find, but something someone posted elsewhere worked for me as well;

I had to reset my quest to get past the escape in the escape pod step that was bugged as a previous step requires they be disabled... apparently was bugged since at least 2012. After hitting the reset button, the mission skipped to the next step, which leads to an experience similar to that mentioned in the comment below.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8567448&postcount=5

Quote: Originally Posted by Eroex View Post
yea, once I went out into space to get back to the Tyrant the game bugged and I couldn't do the last quest. I can't find anything that shows a fix for this problem. I was doing the darkside option.
I was having a problem with this, i'd go to the Tyrant and it was still battle damaged and the quest marker floated off in the distant to nowhere.

I went to the fleet and was able to reset the mission while on the main level (by the cantina) and number 1 with a bullet went to 'meet darth tormen'. i went to the tyrant and the map marker was still bugged but i explored the tyrant, rather than going to the bridge i went to the north side of the first level, there is a T junction and he was in the room on the left ready and waiting for a hidden blade to the face.

hope that helps

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (2,535 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

probably not letting you reset since your in the area  try go to the fleet then try the rest button AND once that's done right click your portrait reset option there too

@proxos666  please and thank you in advance

Message 2 of 9 (2,620 Views)

★★★ Newbie

rumbutter i have tried both what you suggested, and neither of them did the trick, the class mission is just bugged currently it seems like, as i am also stuck on a quest on my sith marauder currently as well.

Message 3 of 9 (2,613 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Frown 

don't know what to say to except sorry and hope it gets fixed somehow ticks me off when i can't progress further because of an issue and have to wait for a fix

Message 4 of 9 (2,607 Views)

[ Edited ]

@dusty1997 @SpankedEagle @rumbutter

Looks like a patch will be required , this has surfaced in the bug report forum as well here

There is this post if relevant

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 5 of 9 (2,585 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@proxos666  cheers

Message 6 of 9 (2,572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks! Just went over and added my voice to the others. 

Message 7 of 9 (2,553 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Verified that the bug has never been fixed, the work around can be hard to find, but something someone posted elsewhere worked for me as well;

I had to reset my quest to get past the escape in the escape pod step that was bugged as a previous step requires they be disabled... apparently was bugged since at least 2012. After hitting the reset button, the mission skipped to the next step, which leads to an experience similar to that mentioned in the comment below.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8567448&postcount=5

Quote: Originally Posted by Eroex View Post
yea, once I went out into space to get back to the Tyrant the game bugged and I couldn't do the last quest. I can't find anything that shows a fix for this problem. I was doing the darkside option.
I was having a problem with this, i'd go to the Tyrant and it was still battle damaged and the quest marker floated off in the distant to nowhere.

I went to the fleet and was able to reset the mission while on the main level (by the cantina) and number 1 with a bullet went to 'meet darth tormen'. i went to the tyrant and the map marker was still bugged but i explored the tyrant, rather than going to the bridge i went to the north side of the first level, there is a T junction and he was in the room on the left ready and waiting for a hidden blade to the face.

hope that helps
Message 8 of 9 (2,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA SWTOR Team

Heya @SpankedEagle

the marker is for sure still bugged for the quest, but you can still complete it. 

Your NPC is on the ship, lets say he is hiding cause he doesn't want to die, on the marker @epockismet posted.

Once you find him, you can talk to him and complete the quest. And maybe one day, we will fix the marker and make it easier for everybody Standard smile

edit; way to resurrect an old thead @epockismet, I didn't notice this is already 2 years old!

~Kat

Message 9 of 9 (1,886 Views)