Not getting onetime password

by TheEphixia

Original Post

Not getting onetime password

★★ Novice

Hi guys,

I bought the game many years ago and have always kept playing it off and on, however for the last year or so everytime I try and log in i get some BS onetime password that never gets sent to my email...Phone verification for my origin account works perfectly... Can anyone help me with this? I cant get support because im not a subscriber ...But i cant be a subscriber till i can play the game.. Ridiculous 

Cheers.

Message 1 of 9 (627 Views)

Re: Not getting onetime password

Hero
@TheEphixia

Phone support is available regardless if you are a subscriber or free to play.

In regards to the one time password email try changing it to go to another email like Gmail. I use Gmail and been able to receive those emails.

If you already use Gmail then check junk, spam folder and also make sure it didn't go into a hidden folder. Gmail has other default folders called updates a d social so it could have done that. If you have the feature use your email's search to see if it comes up.

To avoid the one time password email in the future, add a security key to your account. You can either download the free app for Android or iPhone. Using the security key makes it so you don't have to do the one time password email anymore and you get 100cc a month for having it.

If you need assistance with the security key here is the article that talks about it:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-security-key-faqs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 9 (617 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey thanks for the reply.

Been on hold for over an hour and a half now. I have heard them switch the call about 20 times, as in someone just passes it along... 

There is no point in having origin access if this is the support I can expect.

Also I cant get into the account to change the mail address. and it worked fine for years, No idea why hotmail is having issues now.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 9 (606 Views)

Hero

@TheEphixia

I know there was another thread from someone who also had hotmail having the same issue and once they updated their account to gmail it worked.  Does it give you the option to send the email to a different email address or log into swtor.com to change it there?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 4 of 9 (597 Views)

★★ Novice

No man, I can't see anything that lets me do that. After my 2 and a half hour call they told me they could not help me and that it would be up to swtor staff... I said dont worry about it then I cancelled my origin access.

That just pissed me off to no avail, Nothing on the website indicated that EA does not support the game, considering clicking support on the page I was presented sent me to EA... almost 3 hours to be told there is nothing they can do and that they dont support that part of the game...

Message 5 of 9 (592 Views)

Hero

@TheEphixia

Origin won't be able to assist on this.  You would need to call swtor support directly.  I'm not sure what number you called and I do apologize for not providing it sooner but below is the contact information for swtor support:

USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT)
UK: +44 (0)203 0141 826 (Support available from 15.00 GMT - 3.00 GMT)
France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)
Germany: + 49 (0)221 8282 9212 (Support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)

You may also use Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services like Skype, Viber, or Google Voice, to call Customer Service, regardless of where you are calling from.

International calls made using VoIP are generally far less expensive than calls made from a mobile phone or landline.

Open the VOIP program or app of your choice, then:

If you’re calling for support in English:

Set your country to the UK.
Dial 0203 014 1826.

French:

Set your location to France.
Dial 04 81 68 10 51.

German:

Set your location to Germany.
Dial (0221) 82829212.

Please see the following article for more phone numbers for other countries, please see the following:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/swtor-support/

– Yoda

Message 6 of 9 (588 Views)

@TheEphixia

Swtor Support details are at this link 

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 7 of 9 (585 Views)

★★ Novice

Ill try and call em later tonight, I live in australia aswell so time constraints are always fun. 

Its not your fault mate, The website needs to have more information. And an option to turn this off.

Message 8 of 9 (576 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TheEphixia

If you happen to have skype 

see db woodynz post here with how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call , that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc

I'm in Sydney

Also to stop the requirement for the one time password try adding a security key to the account once this is sorted see this link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 9 of 9 (570 Views)