Re: Mercenary Contract not unlocking in my collection

by Belgorad

Original Post

Mercenary Contract not unlocking in my collection

★★★ Newbie

I purchased the Mercenary Contract from the Legacy vendor and completed the quest to gain Treek as a companion over 24 hours ago, however, the item has not been added to my Collection.

Both the Cartel Market purchase and the Legacy vendor purchase are supposed to unlock the Collection:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/treek-guide-gaining-new-companion

How will you fix this problem?

Message 1 of 13 (2,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Once you unlock it via the quest, press the Y button to pull up your legacy window.  In the menu under Character Perks, you can pay cartel coins to unlock him via any additional character on either side. That's the best way to unlock him

If you wish to do the quest, go to your collections here and you can click the house Icon to unlock the item.  Make sure your doing this on a character that you haven't bought it for yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 13 (2,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"Once you unlock it via the quest, press the Y button to pull up your legacy window.  In the menu under Character Perks, you can pay cartel coins to unlock him via any additional character on either side. That's the best way to unlock him"

That is only the best way if you only have very few characters as you'll have to pay for every single character. The other method is a one time payment to unlock on all current and future characters on all servers.

Message 3 of 13 (2,441 Views)

Hero

I provided both methods of how to unlock him more than once.  If the second option that I provided in the screen shot doesn't work, sometimes logging out of the game then back in fixes it.  If not then can try to submit an in game ticket if the icon in the screen shot isn't lit up to select

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 4 of 13 (2,435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for providing a rundown of how Treek can be unlocked, but the problem isn't that I don't know how to unlock Treek for new characters.

The problem is that despite unlocking Treek on one character, through the Legacy vendor, the Mercenary Contract hasn't been unlocked in my Collection.  I can't pay to claim it on additional characters because the Collection doesn't recognize that it should be unlocked.  This, despite the official SWTOR blog I linked in the first post, which explicitly states that both the Cartel Market or Legacy vendor contract should unlock the Collection item.

I have tried logging out and logging back in, switching to various characters, waiting 24 hours, etc.  I was hoping that EA/Bioware would be able to suggest some other workaround or solution.

Message 5 of 13 (2,400 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Sounds like you need to make an in-game support request

Message 6 of 13 (2,387 Views)

★★ Novice

This problem was supposedly fixed long ago.

I had the same problem myself. Bought the contract from the vendor on fleet, completed the little mini-quest, to get Treek as a companion, then was unable to unlock her for my other characters, as the Collections didn't show that I had "added" her. 

Filed a ticket in game, and it got fixed, and fairly quickly, as I recall.

Definitely file a ticket in game. Maybe file two: one as a "bug report" so the QA folks know it's broken still (or again) and can maybe get it fixed for reals, and one as a "character issue" so someone in CS will see it and get your Collections fixed so you can claim her on your other characters.

Message 7 of 13 (2,378 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem (legacy 40+, bought the contract for credits, it does not allow to my unlock it for other characters for 700CC in collections. I've logged on/off multiple times)

How long does it typically take for them to reply?  It's been 48h for me, and this is the first major issue that I've had, so I don't know what to expect. (Steam's support is terrible, and a *month* is a good response time).

Should I just be more patient?

Message 8 of 13 (2,358 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've encountered this problem as well.  No thread reply from EA.  Any one get the Collection unlock for the legacy Contract recently?

Message 9 of 13 (2,323 Views)

Hero

.To respond Times, I would say normally under a week, pleas remember such unconventional things like weekends and working hours, at the moment my best guess would be up to two weeks

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 10 of 13 (2,315 Views)