Re: Loading Screen froze with only one character.

by DBWoodynz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

loading screen goes up to 90% and stops

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi, I have a similar problem. I had a fresh install of the game, tried to play the starting worlds before the download finishes. After choosing the server creating a character and pressing "play" the loading screen goes up to 90% and stops. I've tried waiting, but after about 15+ minutes it just goes back to character select. 

Things I've tried:

-waited for the game to completely download

-reinstalling

-changing graphics setting to minimum

-alt+tabbing through the loading screen

-window/full screen modes

-deleting BitRaider folder and verifying the files

None of the above helped! Also, the "repair" button in the launcher is always greyed out and there is a small "ST" in the bottom left corner of the launcher.

I can't seam to find any info about this issue that would actually help. Frown

Help, guys?

Message 2 of 80 (11,257 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

EHm! This is stupid. I looked up one of the possible solutions: Changing the decimal symbol to be . instead of , and the digit splitting symbol to be , instead of . 

That actually helped.... What a bloody lame and disappointing fix.

@proxos666 thanks for your help. I appreciate that you've tried. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 77 of 80 (11,757 Views)

All Replies

Hero
I would just do what DBwoodynz suggested, make an in game ticket. If you want to remove bit raider do it when you have the time, it will help alleviate many issues but do it when your not about to do pvp or an OPs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 1 of 80 (11,294 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@TheSkiv I understand that you may be 'new' to the game but don't stress the issue does look like an easy one.

Firstly I believe that your appdata/local.swtor folder and all its sub folders are "read only" so as your trying to make a new character, your PC is not allowing the config files for your character to be created.(*Running your swtor.exe as admin always helps.... **Right Cllick your Short Cut**).

That said without the game running you will need to make a few changes./.... ahh yes your currently downloading the game so you have a problem there. Probably should just wait till it's finished downloading.

I should at this point out that Logs are your friend; they can show you a lot more information on what is going on.

"Shooting Blind" here I am going to ask ... are you currently running Windows 10?.. as there is a massive amount of things required to get games to run on windows 10 at there full potential, I have/had a guide... trying to get it back... let me know if this is the case.

"ST" in the bottom left of your Launcher after you 'log' in to your Launcher but do not click 'Play', means that you have a 'Streaming' client.

Nothing is wrong with the streaming client, infact it does its job well; what this means is that if you ever wish to repair your files (without swtor anything running) you will "Delete" your Bitraider folder inside your program files "Swtor" the game folder; and then run your Launcher, the repair will commence almost straight away and take a minute or 2.

Message 3 of 80 (11,235 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@DBWoodynz

I am running everything as an admin. Also, yes, its Windows 10. The game is fully downloaded, or so it says on the launcher. However in game, on character select screen it says that the game is running in "streaming mode", i think it was called, and the game is still being downloaded so i can only play the starting planets. Below the phrase the percentage showed 0.00%.

Yea, from the bread cramps of what I found on the net I figured out what the "st" stands for and pretty much how it works. I disabled bitraider through launcher.setup. Will see if that helps. Redownloading the game now. -_-

Message 4 of 80 (11,226 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Be warned last time I downloaded the game that way it was 3 days worth of downloading... but I am in NZ.. and the ST client isn't a bad thing.

Message 5 of 80 (11,226 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So yea... turning off BitRaider didn't help. Still stuck on the same bloody loading screen after character select. Frown

I'm out of ideas. Help?

Message 6 of 80 (11,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Juan312P are you possibly free 2 play? ... pretty sure I read somewhere that f2p gets no in game support chief certainly hope not as that will make things difficult. customer support team have always been lovely to me.

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5200#contact-form" This Link Contains all the numbers and options open to you for calling  one of the many Swtor call centers.

Or you can add +18553452186 to your contacts on Skype as this is how I do it from NZ.

*don't recall seeing any logs from you on this yet.

@TheSkiv I'm floating about for another 30 minutes; your call either pull out your Logs (Launcher,Dxdiag, and others) and post them here or PM me a Skype contact to connect through.

Message 7 of 80 (11,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@DBWoodynz

I got the logs out using LauncherDiag.exe. Hope that's what you expected. If you need anything else to try and produce a possible solution - let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Message 8 of 80 (11,188 Views)

If this is only one character

Was this character say logged out in a stronghold or guildship ?

If this is a case submit either a in-game ticket or an email to support@swtor.com

Give all the details if an email , username , server , character , level.

mention it was logged out in say the stronghold and now cant login on that character and request that character to be moved to fleet.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 9 of 80 (11,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Wow, your game files are a mess, like Pompeii was a hot tub that got alittle out of hand.

This BR log is your Bitraider log; screams that it is trying to do it's job but hitting walls.

Internal HD Graphics vis your Dxdiag, says laptop, wow 1920x1080 ambitious.

Moving on for the broad picture you will want your

Launcher.Log

Program Files/ Star Wars/ Logs

and your Swtor.exe (Retail) Log.

Program Files/Star Wars/Swtor/retailclient/swtor/logs.

*Be Warned!~ this file does contain your log in user name.

Edit this part of the Information Out of  any and all public posts

*Scroll back @proxos666 Owen you will find they didn't like that advice.

Message 10 of 80 (11,175 Views)