Launcher won't launch, just window outline then off.

by Kimjo42

Original Post

Launcher won't launch, just window outline then off.

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Been searching online for a couple of days now, and although I've found some answers for some launcher issues, I haven't found anything specific about mine.

Basically I download the installer, it installs the launcher fine.

When I double the shortcut for the launcher, from my desktop or from Origin, all I get is a black wire outline of the mauncher window for about 30 seconds and then it's off.

I have played the game before, this is not a requirements issue (I have an Alienware M14x R1).

I have tried various solutions like deleting files or folders, reinstalling, rebooting, fiddling with the settings file, etc. nothing works. Always that darn outline and poof.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (238 Views)

Re: Launcher won't launch, just window outline then off.

Hero

@Kimjo42

To start with the basics first I would add Swtor.exe and launcher.exe to your antivirus software and firewall settings in case they are blocking or deleting files.

Ensure the launcher is run as an admin by right clicking your launcher and choose run as admin.

Try also disabling your antivirus and/or Firewall and see if it runs that way.

If it still won't run please provide a copy of your launcher logs which is found in your game directory in the logs folder and also attach a copy of your DxDiag log as per here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 3 (228 Views)

Re: Launcher won't launch, just window outline then off.

@Kimjo42

on top of the dxdiag what antivirus are you using ? 

bitdefender for example is known for turning the launcher black for example as listed in the known issues list at the top of this forum

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 3 of 3 (218 Views)