Re: Launcher Updates Taking Almost a Week!

by proxos666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Launcher Updates Taking Almost a Week!

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey,

Having trouble with my launcher updating insanely slowly. I only recently logged back into my account after cancelling my subscription a few months back (LOVE the game but due to financial reasons it became impossible to justify) and figured it was just because I needed to catch up on a small mountain of updates, once I had done that, which took about 3 days at 512kps, I played for a few days as a Preferred player before 5.2 Iokath was released.

This update has been going for 3 or 4 days at 512kps (which is weird because our connection should allow much faster downloads than that) and is only at 56.12%! I've speed checked our connection and have checked with my provider to make sure there are no faults and everything is hunky dory on my end. I can't access the game or the launcher setting while it's updating so I'm basically stuck with it sitting open on my desktop.

Really not wanting to sit here for another 3 or 4 days while the remaining half of the update finishes so any help would be outstanding!!

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2 (289 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@Bjhnox

Ensure launcher.exe and brwc.exe are in the exception list for the antivirus and firewall

if you close the launcher and then follow this link see if it has any affect after setting the exceptions

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (312 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@Bjhnox

Ensure launcher.exe and brwc.exe are in the exception list for the antivirus and firewall

if you close the launcher and then follow this link see if it has any affect after setting the exceptions

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 2 (313 Views)