Re: Latency issues and disconnects after certain hours

by Shaddar86

Original Post

Latency issues and disconnects after certain hours

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently started playing again and I've been enjoying a lot but there is one issues. I can play without any issues during the day but when the clock hits 7:30-7:40 pm ( Milan time ) the latency starts to spike and the game becomes unplayable, invisible walls, freezes, latency constantly rising etc. I assume the problem is caused by the traffic in the game or some sort of maintenance done by the provider. There are no issues on any other games and I have a 1000 mb/s internet. Help would be highly appreciated, thanks Standard smile

Edit: I've asked for help on the swtor forums about this, and told that I should do a run with pingplotter with and post the answers here. So here we are, any help is appriciated :D

Ping.png (121 KB)

Message 1 of 11 (930 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Seanredeyes

Best course at present is to do two graphs, one when it is good and one when the issue is occuring, then can compare and see if anything can be identified in the graph as to what is occurring.

things to look for is routing changes that occur at that time and if there is any increase in congestion on the route itself.

What I can see is a lot of jitter in your ping plot but need the separate graphs to compare

I did a few minute test from Australia to the same IP , on a different route the jitter is less pronounced and quality of net conditions is higher, ignore the higher ping I am in Australia

159.153.72.252.png

Another thing to try if open to trialing is www.wtfast.com now the intent is to not pay for this but to utilise the free trial as a means to see if it does stop the lag/disconnects from occurring.

If it does it strongly points to an issue on one of the intermediate routers or on the return path, and means that is where the focus should be directed towards.

Again can only stress this is intended to use the free trial as a testing means and by no means meant to tell people to pay for it.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 11 (872 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Seanredeyes

Have a good read of this link and advise if this sounds like what you are seeing 

"The second that it hits 6pm, my ping goes from 32-40 to 120-140 and then around 10-11pm, it is perfect again."

Note: That link is from people in Ireland getting out to the world, not the world getting into Ireland (same location for the servers though)

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 3 of 11 (860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Well the link you sent me from vodafone forums seems to represent my problems exactly its 5 pm here right now in Milan and the game seems playable with a little tiny bit lag, maybe they fixed it all together?

ping2.png (131 KB)

Message 4 of 11 (839 Views)

@Seanredeyes

keep monitoring for a few days and see if there has been any improvement

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 5 of 11 (818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The problem is still there, for me at least. Now, most of the time I can't even get to the character select screen after 8:00pm (GMT+1).
I'm seriously considering just letting my sub die out at the end of the month, because it's clear that it's not something they're fixing and I'm quite frankly tired of paying for a game that I can't play fully.

Message 6 of 11 (794 Views)

@JennyKristoff

This isn't an issue that Bioware can fix nor can your ISP, both can submit an issue to their local Network Operating Centre (NOC) for onforwarding and investigation.

need evidence both when good and when bad with say www.pingplotter.com to provide the evidence otherwise the NOCs will ignore this as whining.

www.wtfast.com 14 day trial may be able to be a short respite 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 7 of 11 (787 Views)

★ Apprentice

I understand the need to provide evidence of the problem, but how can I monitor the situation if I can't even get in the game?

Message 8 of 11 (779 Views)

@JennyKristoff

If you can tget in the game them use www.pingplotter.com when that is occuring and graph to the servers

One would think that something obvious should be showing if it is that bad you cant get into the game.

I play from Australia and usually 99.99% do not have any game play issues or any problem staying connected

• If you play on an East Coast server: 159.153.92.28
  • If you play on a West Coast server: 159.153.68.252
  • If you play on a European server: 159.153.72.252

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 9 of 11 (768 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue and I used ping plotter from the start of the game. In one minute after the login, I got lag issue where ping spiked to 200k ms. I plotted the ping and this was the result

Message 10 of 11 (748 Views)