Re: Just passed level 10, still can't chat

by proxos666

Original Post

★ Novice

I have the same problem and cannot play the game without chat. Is this bug general or only on a few characters? If I will create a new one? will there be this problem too?

Message 31 of 50 (1,002 Views)

Over level 10, still can't chat!!

★★ Novice

Okay, so my character is level 14 or 15 now.   Every time I try to chat, I get the notification that I can't until I'm level 10 since I'm not a subscriber.  Okay... but I'm OVER level 10.  What's the deal?  Please help.  No, I cannot use the /bug function in-game and when I click on the support options in-game, nothing functions.  Please help so I can start playing the game.  This makes no sense for me to not be able to chat even though according to the notification I should be able to.

Message 32 of 50 (960 Views)

Cannot Speak

★★★ Newbie

I cannot speak in any chat. I looked at some forums for this problem, but this problem had occurred 5 YEARS AGO. It has to be new for me, because if its that old, then surely its been fixed. I was able to whisper a guy so enter a guild, but after I was invited in, and I had accepted, I had lost all types of communication. Along with it telling me I need to be level 10 or above to speak in certain chats, despite being level 13.

Message 33 of 50 (968 Views)

Hero

@Smuik

It appears to be in general.  It started after they changed the F2P chat restrictions.  This bug doesn't affect subscriber or preferred players from my understanding.

I'm still waiting on a response for an update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 34 of 50 (955 Views)

Hero

@Moonwrought @SkycoderC

I merged your threads into the existing one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 35 of 50 (953 Views)

★★ Novice

Obviously this is an issue affecting a large number of players.  Is there any way for non-subscribed people to contact anyone who matters?  Honestly, this is so disappointing, I don't even know if I'd want to subscribe if I can't even get any help now.  The game is clearly promising (chat abilities unlocked at level 10) stuff that it won't deliver.  Why would it be any different if I start paying?

Message 36 of 50 (947 Views)

Hero

@Moonwrought

For non-subscribers you can try to email support@swtor.com with the issue and reference this thread in your email.

– Yoda

Message 37 of 50 (925 Views)

Hero

I did not find one so I went ahead and created a Bug Report on the main swtor.com site here

– Yoda

Message 38 of 50 (924 Views)

★★ Novice

I just sent them an email based on your recommendation, hopefully it will help this issue garner some attention.

Message 39 of 50 (919 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Moonwrought

Keep checking after every level, all I can say is that at some point chat will be restored.

To the best of my knowledge this is not a bug, what does need to occur is that after patch 5.1.2 what steps they have enforced to try and stop gold spammers etc needs to be made clearer.

I am hoping that will be provided soon. 

• Free-to-Play chat restrictions have been adjusted in order to help address third-party service advertisement spam.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 40 of 50 (900 Views)