Re: Cannot talk in any Chat

by Gzlannihilation

Original Post

Re: Just passed level 10, still can't chat

★★ Novice

Having the exact same problem and this sucks hard, I can't talk to friends who got me into the game, I can't ask for help when I want to ask something. I'm level 18 and I still can't chat, I can't even /say it just tells me I need to be level 10.

Message 11 of 50 (2,454 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey I would totally love to solve this problem for all of you! I found this bug very frustrating but I can tell you and the devs exactly what it is and how to fix it. It appears it tells you "Level 10" but I am 100% certain after playing 2 separate characters as soon as you hit level 30 you can type. The fix is easy, either change the coding for the message to read "Level 30" or have the devs change the level from 30 down to 10 to match the message, thanks for the game. While I'm here I'd love help from a dev, my red matrix shard was deleted from my Character Negator on harbinger, it's not in my mission items and when I went to go get it again (from the tulak hord zone in korriban) It says I can no longer pick it up, so I figure since I've helped with this bug maybe someone can put that red matrix shard back into my mission items? :D Thanks again and sorry for post stealing. Good luck with fixing this bug, the games awesome!

Message 12 of 50 (2,430 Views)

★★ Novice

So what you're saying is what....the level cap to talk was raised to 30 or we're just having a specific bug that raises it to that? If it is 30 that's....idiotic to say the least because when you hit your faction hub world (DK/Coruscant) is when you'll need the most help and you won't be level 30 during most of that.

Message 13 of 50 (2,415 Views)

I can't use my chat

★ Novice
Recently I've reach level 10 and when I type in chat it say I need to reach level 10 even after I passed it
Message 14 of 50 (2,386 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have yall tried reinstalling the game? Yes i know its long but its worth the shot.

Message 15 of 50 (2,380 Views)

Re: I can't use my chat

Hero

@rocking494

I merged your new thread into the existing one for consolidation purposes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 16 of 50 (2,369 Views)

★ Novice
On my level 50 character I can talk in chat but when I switch over to my lvl 19 character,I can't use the chat
Message 17 of 50 (2,357 Views)

What i do know is that chat restrictions where adjusted in 5.1.2 on 28 Feb 17 

• Free-to-Play chat restrictions have been adjusted in order to help address third-party service advertisement spam.

What I have not been able to confirm is what those changes actually where

I was hoping @EA_David could help confirm but nothing so far.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 18 of 50 (2,346 Views)

★ Apprentice

Lvlv 15 and no chat as well.

Now I accidently hit the emergency fleet pass and I am stuck on the sation with no clue how to return to planet.

Can't chat so I can't get help from other players.

ALL forms of in game customer support is disabled.

Message 19 of 50 (2,276 Views)

Hero

@AstraHawk2

To get back to a starting planet you will need to take the shuttle from the fleet down back.  Not sure if your still stuck or you resolved it but if you open the fleet map and check each of the four elevator's on the outter edge of the map, one of them should say departures for hutta / korriban if on the empire or coruscant / ord mantell if republic.  Just go to that elevator, use the shuttle you need to go back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 20 of 50 (2,147 Views)